cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S6 Edge Plus Signal Strength

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure if it's just mine, but I have recently upgraded to an S6 Edge Plus from a HTC One X and the signal strength is seriuosly effected.  I can only get 0 -1 bar at home on my nre phone, whilst my old HTC will receive 4 - 5.  Nice to have the new phone and a lot of it's functionality is superb, hoever it is a phone and I would have thought the ability to receive a signal was paramount.  As I sat, not sure if it is just mine, but would welcome other views or advice.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If there are no problems in the area  http://status.o2.co.uk I would be looking at swapping the phone. How long have you had the phone?

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The signal indicator can vary between phones but it doesn't necessarily mean it's receiving a lower signal.
Are you dropping calls or is it just a lower indication?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dropping calls or only being able to make emergency calls.  I do live in a low signal area, but the difference between the two phones is the cause of concern.

Message 3 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

If there are no problems in the area  http://status.o2.co.uk I would be looking at swapping the phone. How long have you had the phone?

Message 4 of 6

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Check as above for any work on masts in your area first then you must consider a phone issue....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
This is a well documented issue for the Samsung S6 Edge and Edge + due to the thinness of the device, and its materials it has a smaller mobile radio antenna inside than some other devices which means it does collect less of a signal than others.

It is not necessarily a bad thing signal strength can be manufacturer based (we all remember when Apple changed their algorithm for displayed signal strength back on the iPhone 3Gs).

For example my SIM in an iPhone 6 will display 4/5 bars 4G service, in my S6 edge it only displays 2 bars, yet there is no noticeable difference in call quality / dropped calls, etc. I can see this being an issue if you are in a low signal area though.
Message 6 of 6