cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S4 rebooting after Android update

Anonymous
Not applicable

As the title says since my Samsung updated a few days ago, it will randomly shut down and then when I go to switch it back on it gets to the Samsung Galaxy screen and turn back off and continually try to reboot.

I have to take battery out and leave it for 5 minutes before attempting to turn back on!!

Nnot happy at all as i've only had the phone since September 😞

It has Andorid 4.3.

Has anyone else had similar issues?  And will O2 charge me for taking a look at my phone to check for issues?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-To-Reset-your-Samsung-after-a-Firm...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/How-To-Reset-your-Samsung-after-a-Firm...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Done all these steps more times than i care to count...still shuts down randomly and they will just keep trying to reboot, until i pull battery.  Switched back on and then shuts down again and so on...

Anymore bright ideas?? other than throwing it out of window??

Message 3 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I would send it for service to Samsung or O2, neither should raise any charge unless damage is found.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cool, no deffo no damage, just the stupid 4.3 update!!
Message 5 of 12

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Maybe MI5 can suggest a way around sending it in when he's online, his fix usually solves any problems.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 6 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
This one might be the infamous bulging battery issue.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bulging Battery issue??

Message 8 of 12

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Take the battery out and lay it on the table.... should be perfectly flat. Can cause the type of problem you're experiencing if the battery is faulty.
Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
If the battery spins on a flat surface (either side) it's faulty.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12