Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi all..please bear with me as i am a bit of a technophobe and am still getting to grips with my new Samsung S3. My home page is laid out with date and time at the top of screen. In the same box there is a weather update for my area. To update the weather all i had to do was click the two circular arrows, they spin round and voila, within seconds the weather for my area is displayed with the time etc. Since yesterday this has stopped working. I click on the 2 arrows, they spin round, but dont update. So the weather is showing as it was (at 4pm yesterday) Any ideas?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 17
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
This could be that the app needs updated?

Try holding the clock until it gives you the option to move it, then slide it to the very top where there is a bin saying delete. Let go of it over that bin.

Then turn your phone off and back on.

Then if you click 'Apps' in the bottom right. At the very top it says 'Apps' and 'Widgets'. If you tap widgets and scroll along until you find weather. Once you see weather, hold it down and then it will let you position it back on the home screen.

Try this and see if it works?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
This could be that the app needs updated?

Try holding the clock until it gives you the option to move it, then slide it to the very top where there is a bin saying delete. Let go of it over that bin.

Then turn your phone off and back on.

Then if you click 'Apps' in the bottom right. At the very top it says 'Apps' and 'Widgets'. If you tap widgets and scroll along until you find weather. Once you see weather, hold it down and then it will let you position it back on the home screen.

Try this and see if it works?
Message 2 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks Opium, but before I do that, tell me this...if I delete the clock, then turn my phone off and back on, will the clock and date come back automatically? I am very nervous about deleting it, if I then have to go in and reset it all ( told you I was a technophobe!!Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Not automatically. That second step after turning the phone off is what puts it back slight_smile
Message 4 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Ok...so now I am going to tell you what happened! I did as you said, deleted the clock, turned phone off and back on...and hey the clock I had deleted was back...so couldn't even move on to the 'go to apps and widgets' stage....Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh - that's strange!

Is it refreshing the weather for you?
Message 6 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Errrr...yes it is!! So it seems that simply turning the phone off and back on fixed it? (Shame in a way Opium, as I was really looking forward to 'playing with a widget' ...Oh well, will leave that for another time!) Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha - at least it's fixed!

Off and back on fixes about 90% of problems wink

And if you do the widget thing, there are many there so you may find another one you want to add to the homescreen. You can, for example, download a BBC News app and then put a BBC News widget on your homescreen that updates with the news!

Message 8 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Yes I noticed all the widgets when I was scrolling through...will bear in mind the news one for later. Just happy to have my weather back at the moment...haha

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 17

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122360 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Opium..Just had a PM from Leonard who has moved me up to Level 4 (Observant) Very worried about that as i ask VERY basic questions and level 4 infers I have more knowledge than I actually do have! Have replied and told Leonard I would rather stay as a Beginner, that then gives me the courage to continue asking 'basic' questions...Smiley Embarassed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 17