cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S3 battery drain

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had my Samsung S3 for nearly a year and it is pretty much the best phone I've used but my S3 battery is draining really quick. This morning I took my phone off at 7:30ish and I made no calls, texts, didn't use 3G if and I was listening to music via Spotify while offline and as of now my phone battery is at 91% which to me it rather annoying since I did not use my phone hardly at all this morning.

My phone is running Android 4.3 (which is up-to-date) and I have wi-fi, data, gprs and bluetooth turned off, Screen brightness around 25% and I have also used the power saving mode feature but I hardly notice any different with battery life (If anything it makes my phone laggy when doing simple task) I also barely have any apps installed since I did a massive clear out with apps.

Has anyone else got any more suggestions before I go hunt down a spare battery?

Cheers,

Alex

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

Please come back and update us. It all helps others with the same problem..:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Also just to add, power saving modes will cause many phones to "lag" and is perfectly normal.
The powersave function restricts CPU performance and/or disables a core or 2 in multi core systems.
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair enough but it is frustrating to try and use the phone when you want to do the simplest task such as texting or browsing call logs.
Message 13 of 15

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
It shouldn't lag to the point of hindering basic functions.
Message 14 of 15

Sammy_boy
Level 6: Acolyte
  • 171 Posts
  • 12 Topics
  • 1 Solutions
Could be a rogue app causing drain and lag? Check battery usage in settings to see if anything is using excessive battery. Might also explain the lag you're experiencing.
Message 15 of 15