cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S3 - Signal issue

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , I had 2 pay monthly accounts in o2. The sim I using in Samsung s3 is optimised for iPhone 4 (my previous handset) , so my signal strength on S3 is very poor in indoor and outdoor . I want that SIM to optimized for o2 to have the better coverage / signal boost. Can anyone let me know , how can I do that? PLEASE !!!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122008 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 18849 Solutions
The only differences are the data tarrifs. The signal is the signal..... If you want to change your tarrif you need to call Customer services on 202.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not interested to change the tariff...I just want to know is there any possibilities to optimise the sim according to the handset !!

Message 3 of 12

MI5
  • 122008 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 18849 Solutions
The iphone tarrif is different to the regular data tarrif. That is the only difference. There is no SIM optimisation available....???
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

So why is the signal is low in S3 , before my iPhone had a good signal in the same place..please advise me.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 122008 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 18849 Solutions
Have you checked the sevice status in your area to see if there are any faults reported...?
http://status.o2.co.uk/

Currently using:
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting comment, i also changed to a Samsung Galaxy 3 phone in June and the signal is the worst i have ever had! Not impressed for this supposedly all singing all dancing heap of frustration!

Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 122008 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 18849 Solutions
I have an S3 and have a great signal. Maybe O2 needs to roll out a baseband update for their firmware... Mine is unlocked on Samsung firmware....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Coverage area is excellent , but in my phone signal is so poor , i dont know what to do ? but my other contract sim in o2 in the iphone which Signal strength is 100%...I can't understand why???

Message 9 of 12

MI5
  • 122008 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 18849 Solutions
The only explanation is due to O2 firmware on the phone and the way it processes the RXLev of the signal. I suggest you (and anyone else with issues) contacts O2 Customer Services (202 Free call) to report the issue. The more complaints they get the more likely they will address the issue.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 12