cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung: Network or Sim Card Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
After purchasing the new 10.5 Samsung Galaxy Tab S with sim. I'm able to send and receive messages but unable to make/receive calls. The options are there but won't work? When going into settings a message displays 'Network or Sim Card Error'.
Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
O2 only sell this tablet with a data sim so the ability to make calls is not available with the O2 sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
O2 only sell this tablet with a data sim so the ability to make calls is not available with the O2 sim card.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
That would explain why then, lol.. Thank you slight_smile
Message 3 of 7

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
No worries - You can use a phone sim if you want the option though, I believe.
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi JDizzle92

You can use a normal sim to make calls. This I found out when I trialed the Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 for O2.

Sims can be ordered here https://www.o2.co.uk/freesim/
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 149394 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Some Galaxy phones (eventually all with software updates) will replicate through the tab to enable you to use the tab as a normal phone without the specific sim and if you are a contract customer too you can install Tugo to make and receive calls.
http://www.o2.co.uk/apps/tu-go
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93987 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

I made calls using a giffgaff sim and also had the TuGo app installed. I was able to leave the phon at home whilst trialling the the tablet. Earphones a definite must though wink

Message 7 of 7