cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung J5 2016 phone not sending emails from my default account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

The new 'phone I have, a Samsung Galaxy J5 2016, is failing to send emails from my default account, which is with PlusNet. I can send emails from a gmail and an icloud account and they can be received on my plusnet default account. I have checked and double checked and checked again that the settings are correct and they are. They are exactly as Plusnet are saying in their setting details.

Anyone any ideas of what the problem might be? On my laptop and iMAC I can send emails from the default Plusnet account, so it would seem to be some quirk within the mobile setup, but am at a loss to discover what it could be!

Cheers

altv

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5

I have already done it on the iMac, in fact, I did it on there for convenience and with no problem setting it self up in the 'phone again, hence my reason for stating the fact that it has been removed. It still brings it up as a sending address in the email app and gmail. As I say, unless I can get in to the bowels of the device, I can see no way that that can be removed. It does not show that address on the iMAC when I go into the Google page for address removal. So at least it appears to have worked there.The most desperate action next, would be to return the device back to the factory shipping state, but I am loathe to be that drastic!! I have switched the 'phone off and restarting it after waiting for 5 minutes, but there was no affect there either.

Cheers

altv 

Message 21 of 28

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I see what you're saying and it must have been pulled into the Phone somewhere.
I guess you could try removing your google account first but if not a factory reset does seem likely unfortunately.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 22 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5

I'll try that, but not just yet, we are away for the weekend, so will have a go at it when we are back next week when I will have more time to rattle the thing!

Thanks

altv

Message 23 of 28

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Good luck mate....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 24 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5

Have just stripped all the accounts out of the Samsung Email app and the gmail app and reset the accounts in the Samsung email app. (I have done nothing with the gmail app, so that is naked.) I don't think I should say this but have just sent a message from the Plusnet default address to the gmail address and it worked. Equally so in replying to that message, the proper gmail address was there. We shall see.

Cheers

altv

Message 25 of 28

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Sounds promising, fingers crossed slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 26 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5

Yeh! Let's hope so.Emails are now coming in correctly and being posted OK so that is a big improvement. I'll close this point out now!

Cheers

altv

Message 27 of 28

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Glad you're sorted mate.

Currently using:
Message 28 of 28