cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy s3 - Jelly Bean - Google Now

Anonymous
Not applicable

I updated to JB the other day OTA, everything seems to work great apart from the "Remind Me" feature of google now.

If I speak the command "Remind me to XXXXX in ten minutes", google now recognises the command and realises it needs to set an alarm... However, the blue bar that usually shows progress of task doesn't appear just the words "Edit Alarm" underneath the task. When I click "Edit Alarm" it just crashes the app and leaves me to force close.

Has anybody else experienced this problem? If so, any way to fix?

Thanks in advance slight_smile 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you 'turn off' Google now? I just want normal Google slight_smile 

Open google now > press options key > settings > google now > slide to off. I believe if you find "google search" in apps and select "uninstall updates" it will go back to the old style aswell. please let me know if it works...

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@micklep wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you 'turn off' Google now? I just want normal Google slight_smile 

Open google now > press options key > settings > google now > slide to off. I believe if you find "google search" in apps and select "uninstall updates" it will go back to the old style aswell. please let me know if it works...

Many thanks. The first part worked! It was driving me nuts slight_smile

Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you change the Google now voice from Male to Female?

Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you change the Google now voice from Male to Female?

Try:

Open Google NOw > Press Option Hard Key > Settings > Voice > Langauge > English > English US

If that doesn't work try:
Settings > language & input > text to speech output > google text-to-speech (press cog)> language > English (United States)

Let me know how you get on

Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi

I have tried and tried to get Google Search to search my gmail emails (gmail) as promoted in on my phone SGS3 but it just won't do it. I have checked and double checked the settings and there is no mention of gmail search or the new cards which are being promoted in the whats new section. Am I just missing something????? When I googled the issue I discovered a YouTube video and the guy is using a Nexus 7 and it clearly shows Gmail in the settings during the walkthrough of the new options. Do I need to do something on the phone or is it Samsung not updating the software at their end???? Please help as really want this functionality.

Message 15 of 15