Samsung Galaxy SIII - Jelly Bean update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Update 22/10, 8:00:

Samsung has confirmed the Jelly Bean update is now available.

Update 20/10:

As you might have noticed, this hasn't gone live yet. We were expecting it to on Friday and are working with Samsung to figure out what went wrong and will update ASAP. 

Original message:

Hey Guys,

Good news! The wait time is almost over for Samsung Galaxy SIII users. From tomorrow, 19th October '12, you'll be be able to upgrade to the much awaited 4.1 Jelly Bean update over Wi-Fi or via Kies.

If you have activated the 'auto-update' feature from out of box, you will be prompted to download the 4.1 Jelly Bean update.

JB

Message 1 of 700
699 REPLIES 699

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Leonard

Can you confirm that the update will be available for ALL O2 users? ie: Branded, unbranded.
I got my phone from Carphone warehouse as an upgrade will I get my update today?
Message 51 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been on the phone to o2 and the guy gaurenteed that it would be released by the end of today.. woop

Message 52 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

It will only be for the O2 branded devices. So the ones which boot with an O2 logo. The ones from CPW & P4U come debranded usually so will get the update direct from Samsung.

Message 53 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the input, Lurch. Really appreciate that! wink
Message 54 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thank's Lurch seem's my wait will be even longer then Smiley Mad

Message 55 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibly not, there have been 8 beta's recently for the unbranded software, it has been released already in Poland and Sweden so I guess you won't really have to wait too long at all.

I would guess before the end of next week.

No problems for the input  slight_smile

Message 56 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can 02 please state if this has started, giving a date and no one receving it as yet... is like showing candy to a kid and then putting it away.

Can 02 please confirm its has gone out.

Message 57 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

I m not 100% sure about this however. It seems that the jelly bean update for s3 must have reached the Phones by november. O2 have stated that it will be rolled out today... Now there is the key word... ROLLED. Imagine yourself at the bottom of a very very steep hill and your waiting for a man to push a football down it. There are all the people of the uk in front of you. IT IS GOING TO TAKE TIME.

However knowing what o2 is like i still think this is a crock of sheet. 

Message 58 of 700

Zombie_Fried
Level 4: Observant
  • 133 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Omg this is getting funny to read. if it's not out by 00:01 and the 19th October then I'm going to start jumping. You know guys there is still 10 hours left today yet. Just Chill a bit.
Message 59 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed we need to chill... Wait a minute the nexus did a mass update to all phones in one foul swoop... the transformer too... 3 did a mass update yesterday morning too, to all s3's in the morning. Hmmm and O2 are going to roll it out in stages. You can understand why people are cynical. 

Message 60 of 700