Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Topics: 546
Solutions: 12,746

Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII - Jelly Bean update

How strange.... France and Germany got JB today Smiley Wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Any update on how long it takes for jb to become avalible been waiting since friday and all i get is the same message and anyone know when kies will be fixed cheers
Highlighted
Topics: 546
Solutions: 12,746

Kies is as fixed as it's gonna be (for now), what problems are youo having? Read back through the thread to find out how to check your CSC and then, which update you will get.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

Oh No! Sky Go is not compatible with JB... This is dissapointing Smiley Sad

So... Any news on 4.1.2 yet? lol

Highlighted
Topics: 19
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 23

I hear it's in the pipeline along with another upgrade. But heard nothing solid like dates etc
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Recalibrated my battery. With very light use I have used about 50% in 14 hours, I suspect that the culprit is Google now so I have switched it off.

It is a nice "wow" feature, it gave me a notification that I should set off for a meeting, but I am really in no need of the function, it did impress me though. The battery would still have given me a days worth at work so it is nothing that worries me.

Highlighted
Topics: 19
Kudos: 59
Solutions: 23

Being on perm sick with an arthritic back. I use mine as my laptop! I will recharge about tea time to take me til bedtime.

So I'm on here, fb and sending texts plus random use of the internet.
Old Phone Geek!!! A Mobile User Since 1993
Samsung Galaxy S3

Feel Free to Add Kudos, If I Have Helped Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi there, newbie here so please be gentleSmiley Happy

I understand from looking through the thread that many, myself included, remain in a queue for the JB update.

I have tried upgrading via Kies on my p.c. but as soon as the download starts kies drops the connection to my phone.

Any ideas?

Also, re the queue for OTA upgrade- I have been getting the same message since since tuesday?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Highlighted
Anonymous

Just to let you know I have the unlocked verison of the S3 and connected it up today and there is a firmware update. Fingers crossed its gonna be JellyBean....

Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes same here - noticed a update icon when i switched on wifi - tried to upgrade OTA but in queue it seems so logged onto Kies - there is an update waiting so will update once my phone is fully charged - will infom on here once done - I cant imagin it being anything other than Jelly bean..