Samsung Galaxy SIII - Jelly Bean update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Update 22/10, 8:00:

Samsung has confirmed the Jelly Bean update is now available.

Update 20/10:

As you might have noticed, this hasn't gone live yet. We were expecting it to on Friday and are working with Samsung to figure out what went wrong and will update ASAP. 

Original message:

Hey Guys,

Good news! The wait time is almost over for Samsung Galaxy SIII users. From tomorrow, 19th October '12, you'll be be able to upgrade to the much awaited 4.1 Jelly Bean update over Wi-Fi or via Kies.

If you have activated the 'auto-update' feature from out of box, you will be prompted to download the 4.1 Jelly Bean update.

JB

Message 1 of 700
699 REPLIES 699

Anonymous
Not applicable

Gord blimey its the self appreciation society lol have we not forgot the enemy Smiley Madlol

Message 271 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
I really hate those std. answers from call center guys.. many time they themselves do not have adequate information.. they think that person chatting/calling with them doesn't know anything..
Message 272 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do we need to buy the phone from 02 for update or just have sim
Message 273 of 700

G33NEEU5
  • 43 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
How is everyone today? For me, i feel great. I was initially so annoyed i didn't receive JB, but my S3 still works, so i've realised gnashing of teeth and wailing won't make the update come any quicker,so i'm going to enjoy the sun today. Will be back later. Peace slight_smile
Message 274 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the opposite problem, there doesn't seem to be a standard answer to my questions. Every time I ask something (which i assume is an easy answer question) i get placed on hold while they check with their manager. When they come back they give a completely different answer to the person before them.

Standard answers would be a blessing ha ha
Message 275 of 700

G33NEEU5
  • 43 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Yarg

You can't start blaming anyone for this monumental disaster until you know what went wrong and how long until it's ready. We are all in the same boat so there is no reason to start moaning here. everybody wants JB,but not until it's ready. I'm getting tired of the "i want it right now brigade" always crying if they don't get the latest (insert product of your choice here) right now. Take a chill pill. It'll be here when its ready.
Message 276 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why you popping at me I haven't a problem with the update issue it's the extreamly poor customer service from O2 if they were just up front about things slight_smile
Message 277 of 700

G33NEEU5
  • 43 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Yarg

Sorry bro. Got carried away lol
Message 278 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do we need to have bought the s3 from O2 or just use the sim card
Message 279 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

See they are making us argue amongst ourselves we must resist lol, no offence taken,it's good to have a bit of banter enjoy the w/end wink

Message 280 of 700