Samsung Galaxy SIII - Jelly Bean update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Update 22/10, 8:00:

Samsung has confirmed the Jelly Bean update is now available.

Update 20/10:

As you might have noticed, this hasn't gone live yet. We were expecting it to on Friday and are working with Samsung to figure out what went wrong and will update ASAP. 

Original message:

Hey Guys,

Good news! The wait time is almost over for Samsung Galaxy SIII users. From tomorrow, 19th October '12, you'll be be able to upgrade to the much awaited 4.1 Jelly Bean update over Wi-Fi or via Kies.

If you have activated the 'auto-update' feature from out of box, you will be prompted to download the 4.1 Jelly Bean update.

JB

Message 1 of 700
699 REPLIES 699

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks a lot.

And I do appreciate you going the extra mile staying online late last night, and coming on this morning to keep us updated to the best of your ability.

No problem. Overslept a bit though - wanted to be here at 9:00, but my body can't take <5h sleep grin

Message 261 of 700

G33NEEU5
  • 43 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@Leonard

At least you're here on a saturday morning really trying to see if there is anyway for us to receive the update asap.
I salute you sir slight_smile
Message 262 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

@G33NEEU5 wrote:
@Anonymous

At least you're here on a saturday morning really trying to see if there is anyway for us to receive the update asap.
I salute you sir slight_smile

Yea, I really feel for you guys and I'm very sorry about the inconvenience it may have caused. Let's hope we get more info soon.

Message 263 of 700

G33NEEU5
  • 43 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
To tell you the truth, i have really enjoyed communicating with my fellow O2 forumites.
We should really not get too worked up over this problem. Just be grateful we don't live in the USA as they won't receive theirs until 2013. What's a few more days compared to them.
Message 264 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea, I think that's the beauty of a community, Genius. Although it obviously isn't a great situation, at least you can share it with a couple of people.
Message 265 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

misery enjoys company Smiley Very Happy

Message 266 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
grin
Message 267 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

In Dutch we have an expression for that; shared sorrow is half sorrow. Not sure if that works in English as well though slight_smile

Message 268 of 700

G33NEEU5
  • 43 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks Leonard. I've always appreciated straight talkers (and writers lol).
We can all see here at least one person from O2 is not reading from a earlier prepared script, but is genuinely trying to get all our update problems sorted in a reasonable timescale.
Message 269 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

No probs slight_smile

Message 270 of 700