Samsung Galaxy SIII - Jelly Bean update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Update 22/10, 8:00:

Samsung has confirmed the Jelly Bean update is now available.

Update 20/10:

As you might have noticed, this hasn't gone live yet. We were expecting it to on Friday and are working with Samsung to figure out what went wrong and will update ASAP. 

Original message:

Hey Guys,

Good news! The wait time is almost over for Samsung Galaxy SIII users. From tomorrow, 19th October '12, you'll be be able to upgrade to the much awaited 4.1 Jelly Bean update over Wi-Fi or via Kies.

If you have activated the 'auto-update' feature from out of box, you will be prompted to download the 4.1 Jelly Bean update.

JB

Message 1 of 700
699 REPLIES 699

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just been on the phone to o2, they said the update has now been released but it is working through a list to deliver it to handsets as they don't wanna crash o2 servers... sounds like a load of nonsense to me but what do i know

Message 251 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you had any "pull" at O2 you should've been able to find out and tell us whether this update is going live yesterday. Your just here to deflect and provide flannel for O2, Nothing personal.
Message 252 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Going to be a blooming long list lol !!!!

Message 253 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If you had any "pull" at O2 you should've been able to find out and tell us whether this update is going live yesterday. Your just here to deflect and provide flannel for O2, Nothing personal.

You're right, I'm not speaking to the Korea HQ directly, I'm here to provide you with the latest as soon as it comes in.

Message 254 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel a outage coming Smiley Surprised

Message 255 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a point of interest Leonard, are you able to help us understand how the update process works?

e.g is is Samsung releases JB for the handset, o2 rewrite the various bits that need to be rewritten, OK this with samsung, then samsung release from thier servers....or does it come from o2 servers....or something else?

If it was the first scenario (or something close), I'd be more inclined to think it was Samsung who cocked up!! wink

Message 256 of 700

G33NEEU5
  • 43 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Cmon O2, all we want as PAYING CUSTOMERS is parity between different networks when it comes to firmware updates. My brother has the same S3 as me,but on vodafone. If he gets the update before me, i'll never live it down. Fingers crossed he'll be jelly with my jellybean lol
Message 257 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As a point of interest Leonard, are you able to help us understand how the update process works?

e.g is is Samsung releases JB for the handset, o2 rewrite the various bits that need to be rewritten, OK this with samsung, then samsung release from thier servers....or does it come from o2 servers....or something else?

If it was the first scenario (or something close), I'd be more inclined to think it was Samsung who cocked up!! wink

I'm not completly sure, dweebgal, but I'll try to find out for you.

Message 258 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot.

And I do appreciate you going the extra mile staying online late last night, and coming on this morning to keep us updated to the best of your ability.

Message 259 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

nothing showing for me yet and I have to log off soon, hoping it comes soon.

Message 260 of 700