Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Anonymous

Re: Samsung Galaxy SIII - Jelly Bean update

[ Edited ]

Just been on the phone to o2, they said the update has now been released but it is working through a list to deliver it to handsets as they don't wanna crash o2 servers... sounds like a load of nonsense to me but what do i know

Anonymous

If you had any "pull" at O2 you should've been able to find out and tell us whether this update is going live yesterday. Your just here to deflect and provide flannel for O2, Nothing personal.
Anonymous

Going to be a blooming long list lol !!!!

Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
If you had any "pull" at O2 you should've been able to find out and tell us whether this update is going live yesterday. Your just here to deflect and provide flannel for O2, Nothing personal.

You're right, I'm not speaking to the Korea HQ directly, I'm here to provide you with the latest as soon as it comes in.

Anonymous

I feel a outage coming Smiley Surprised

Highlighted
Anonymous

As a point of interest Leonard, are you able to help us understand how the update process works?

e.g is is Samsung releases JB for the handset, o2 rewrite the various bits that need to be rewritten, OK this with samsung, then samsung release from thier servers....or does it come from o2 servers....or something else?

If it was the first scenario (or something close), I'd be more inclined to think it was Samsung who cocked up!! Smiley Wink

Level 3: Thinker

Cmon O2, all we want as PAYING CUSTOMERS is parity between different networks when it comes to firmware updates. My brother has the same S3 as me,but on vodafone. If he gets the update before me, i'll never live it down. Fingers crossed he'll be jelly with my jellybean lol
Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

As a point of interest Leonard, are you able to help us understand how the update process works?

e.g is is Samsung releases JB for the handset, o2 rewrite the various bits that need to be rewritten, OK this with samsung, then samsung release from thier servers....or does it come from o2 servers....or something else?

If it was the first scenario (or something close), I'd be more inclined to think it was Samsung who cocked up!! Smiley Wink

I'm not completly sure, dweebgal, but I'll try to find out for you.

Anonymous

Thanks a lot.

And I do appreciate you going the extra mile staying online late last night, and coming on this morning to keep us updated to the best of your ability.

Anonymous

nothing showing for me yet and I have to log off soon, hoping it comes soon.