Samsung Galaxy SIII - Jelly Bean update

Abs
O2 Social Media Team
O2 Social Media Team
  • 1014 Posts
  • 107 Topics
  • 8 Solutions

Update 22/10, 8:00:

Samsung has confirmed the Jelly Bean update is now available.

Update 20/10:

As you might have noticed, this hasn't gone live yet. We were expecting it to on Friday and are working with Samsung to figure out what went wrong and will update ASAP. 

Original message:

Hey Guys,

Good news! The wait time is almost over for Samsung Galaxy SIII users. From tomorrow, 19th October '12, you'll be be able to upgrade to the much awaited 4.1 Jelly Bean update over Wi-Fi or via Kies.

If you have activated the 'auto-update' feature from out of box, you will be prompted to download the 4.1 Jelly Bean update.

JB

Message 1 of 700
699 REPLIES 699

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I'm chasing up information on this now.

Cheers, Toby
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 231 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

kies.png

Nothing 😞

Message 232 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dont mean to sound repetitve toby but we have been hearing this for the last 24 hours and i think everyone know it aint coming yet and its just one big balla up from o2!!!
Message 233 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think this is happening until at least next week now...

Guru : Robbie: Hi I'm Guru : Robbie. How can I help?
Matthew: Hello. Numerous people from O2 confirmed yesterday that the Android 4.1(Jelly bean) update would arrive on the 19th(Yesterday). However whenever I connect to Kies or try OTA there is no update available. 
Matthew: O2 has also just posted this on twitter... https://twitter.com/O2/status/259582551394492416
Matthew: however nothing is available?
Guru : Robbie: Let me check this for you.
Matthew: Sure,
Guru : Robbie: Thanks for waiting. Please download the latest version of Kies and then try to update the software.
Matthew: I've checked for updates and the latest was last night when it said i needed to update for firmware purposes but after doing so nothing has appeared
Matthew: The latest version installed is 2.5.0.12094_28
Guru : Robbie: Thanks for waiting.
Guru : Robbie: I've checked and see that the update is not available yet on O2 network completely.
Matthew: No problem.
Matthew: Completely?
Guru : Robbie: I mean our engineers are working on it.
Guru : Robbie: It'll be released soon.
Matthew: But O2 twitter said it's available to download now. The O2 spokesperson said it would be yesterday and a few live chat people also said this.
Matthew: Do the engineers even work on a Saturday or are we going to be waiting until next week?
Guru : Robbie: They don't work on weekend.
Matthew: So even though O2, on multiple occasion clearly stated the 19th would be the release date, this is now impossible as the engineers don't work weekends? 
Guru : Robbie: I'm sorry but as of now we have not received any update on that.
Matthew: But I don't see why O2 would promise it's customers the 19th just to say it will arrive next week. Once again customers are let down by O2's inability to stick to the promises it makes.

Message 234 of 700

G33NEEU5
  • 43 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O2 have completely dropped the ball over the upgrade fiasco. If you hadn't announced it, not one person here would be any the wiser. Instead you had, so now you have to deal with the fall out. Looks like monday now ppl:(
Message 235 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

Current info from o2 on twitter:

"We were expecting this to go live on Friday and are working with Samsung to figure out what went wrong and will update ASAP"

Message 236 of 700

G33NEEU5
  • 43 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@dweebgal

Why couldn't they tell us this last night? Would have saved us trying all day yesterday. Not impressed:(
Message 237 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

@G33NEEU5 wrote:
@Anonymous

Why couldn't they tell us this last night? Would have saved us trying all day yesterday. Not impressed:(

I agree, wish they would tell us more than they are

Message 238 of 700

Anonymous
Not applicable

o2 are one of the worst companies I have come across,have tried three times to get my phone unlocked as after that last outage i want to be able to put another sim in so I can carry on my work but no reply,so this upgrade fiasco doesn't surprise me lol!!!!!

Message 239 of 700

andydicko
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This happens too often within the digital age. My opinion is, this is to whip people into an "update" frenzy to publicise their company Smiley FrustratedIt could be just an engineer forgot to flick the switch.....

Message 240 of 700