cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy SIII APN problems

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently updated my Samsung Galaxy SIII (i9300) to a newer version of android. After I had updated I noticed I cannot use 3G, SMS messaging or calls. I presume there is something wrong with the apn I'm assigned to so I searched up the correct o2 pay monthly apn, I found that the correct one is mabile.02.co.uk so I went to check that I was using that one but when I opened the 'Access Point Names' menu I found that there were tow mobile.02.co.uk apn's (Neither of these seem to work) does anyone know how to fix this? Because at the moment I cant use my phone as a phone.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

my IMEI starts with 356633 😕 is there anyway of recovering the sim? yeah i knew it was rooted but its been rooted for a while and its been fine its just the update that seems to have changed.

Message 11 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Well at least the IMEI is OK...
The SIM can't be recovered - It has to be replaced if it is faulty. Can you try it in another phone so we know if it's a sim or phone fault we are dealing with?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the sim in an identical SIII and after unlocking the phone it asked me if i was on O2 Pay Monthly or O2 Pay as you Go, after selecting pay monthly all my texts came through (this phone hasnt been updated)

Message 13 of 35

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's a phone issue then, clearly.
What update did you get....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

4.3 i hadnt realised its not completely working yet, it just said there was an update available, i should have searched it up first 😕

Message 15 of 35

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No, It's working fine. Millions have it worldwide already.
Is it MK6 ?

Currently using:
Message 16 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

is that in the 'About Phone' section in settings if so where does it say? the android version just says 4.3

Message 17 of 35

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Dial *#1234# and look at the firmware version.

Currently using:
Message 18 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

i cant i dont have mobile network 😕

Message 19 of 35

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You don't need a network for that, it's just a USSD code that reports internal phone info.

Currently using:
Message 20 of 35