Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Samsung Galaxy SII, Andriod 4.0

I have recently updated my samsung galaxy SII, using Kies and was all fine for the first day,

i know this is a recent update but i was wondering if there was any other people experience problems with the update and having issues like:-

• Message on screen saying "messaging has stopped working"
  • The Apps on the home screen never stay where you put then
  • Issues with sending and receiving Messages
  • Issues with the sound when on loud

there are a few other but i cant quite remember,..

I do keep checking and connect my phone to kies to make sure there is no patch/fix for the software but just keep saying it the latest one

Is anyone having the same problems or is there a way to fix this ???

Please help its really annoying

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Samsung Galaxy SII, Andriod 4.0

I wasn't aware this was available for Download?
Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,879

No, you are not alone. There is no fix until O2 approve the next release of ICS (update), unless you flash the firmware yourself which will void your warranty. I've tried to inform O2 of the issues I am having but they are not interested....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

I've updated to v4 and just found out tonight that my mms does not work :-(  Not happy!!

Highlighted
Topics: 554
Solutions: 13,879

Check you still have the correct APN settings in the Network menu...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
OnePlus 6 (O2 & Sfr), Z3 Tablet (Three UK), iPhone 8+ (EE)
Highlighted
Anonymous

On a Galaxy S2 sending Active to 2020 should also successfully restore settings
Highlighted
Anonymous

Hi All,

When you updated did you carry out a factory reset and then install ICS??.

This seems to be the best way to update, from what you have said it seems you may not have as this is 1 of the problems that appear, another is if you come off your wi-fi it will not connect back up again, also you need to let your battery go flat then turn your phone off and charge it back up with it off, this will reset your battery and it will not run down as fast. There a few others around but the above are the main 1's people are having unless they do a full reset.

iechyd da

Highlighted
Level 1: Joiner

Cheers Paul for the help, but i did a factory reset and then installed ICS for a second time but i am still getting problems with it not as frequaent but they are still happening, any other ideas??

Highlighted
Anonymous

I have had none of the problems you mentioned. Apps on the home screen are set to be automatically added from the marketplace after download, thats the only movment I have seen with them. 

I am using the larger 2000 mAh battery and /i got around 2 days battery with mild-moderate use. The battery has gone slightly worse in my opinion with ICS.. Hopefully minor issues are fixed with a secondry update but all in all I'm please with the update so far.

Highlighted
Anonymous

mmmmm odd a factory reset never resolved your issues. Maybe best to contact a Guru, sorry can't help. After running my battery flat and charging back up I'm ok now.

iechyd da