Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8 plus network unlock

Jaygeth70
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I received a code to unlock my galaxy S8+ and it didnt work. Im wanting to use a sky sim. O2 have now escalated to the relevent team but yet again being made to wait and I now have a feeling the phone might be permanantly locked
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Welcome to the Community @Jaygeth70  sun

I've just replied to your Private Message now, as I need a few more details to get this looked into!

Thanks @MI5 for the mention thumbsup

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 13

Foddersin
Level 3: Thinker
  • 68 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If you got the device from O2 then you would NOT need to have an NUC code to use this on the Sky Mobile network as they are an MVNO of O2.

If the device is from another carrier you may need to contact them.

If the device was bought from a third party that was originally from O2 then you may need to contact them as they may not have paid the finance off on the device so I don't think O2 can give you the code as you aren't the technical legal owner if the finance isn't clear.

As per the NUC support page, they provide for a mobile provided by them.

Other than that, there are plenty of 3rd party sources for these if the network do not provide one.

Kindest Regards,
Andrew.
Samsung Galaxy S10+ on O2 UK
Nokia 1 Plus on O2 UK
Message 12 of 13

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Jaygeth70 I've just heard back from the team and everything should be sorted! In case you need more help, do let us know please slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 13