cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S8+ Wifi Calling

Anonymous
Not applicable

Now that o2 is going to be ending it's TuGo service I need to activate wifi calling on my device.

I have requested the 4G and wifi calling through o2 which should be activated in 24 hours however there is no option for me to activate Wifi calling on my S8+.

I have checked the firmware and it is the latest, however not an o2 firmware even though I purchased directly from an o2 store.

I need wifi calling as I get no signal at work, but it looks like I wont be able to make or recieve calls/texts if TuGo is going to end.

Can anyone provide any help on this?

Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

So having contacted O2 this morning about my non-O2 obtained phone (S8 not +) on a SIM only deal and threatened to walk then magically they have provisoned my phone with both 4G Calling (basically HD voice) and WiFi calling which they have had all along.

login to your O2 account and go to My Device -> Device Details and you'll find that you can request 4G Calling and Wifi Calling here - it takes a few hours to authorise and you may have to reboot your phone to get the 4G Calling that on my phone I found under Settings-Connections-Mobile networks.

WiFi Calling was supposed to be under Settings-Connections but eventually found this under Phone (homepage)-Settings (3 dots in top RH) - settings - and then right on page bottom - WiFi Calling.

Hope this helps you out.

Message 31 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ive got the same issue on a Samsung S7 purchased from Carphone Warehouse.O2 are saying that because I purchased from a third party outlet, the firmware is not compatible with the replacement WiFi calling app for TU Go. So my S7 wont work with WIFi calling when TUGo is switched off- which happened yesterday.

So you need to get O2 to do a firmware upgrade/ give you a new phone.

Its interesting to hear you say that you bought the phone from 02- I was told that all O2 provided phones should work!

I also have no mobile reception at home or work so wifi calling is essential for me.Ive heard that they are working on fixes for third party phones like the S8 and S7 but there is no committment from them when the fixes will be available.

Not good that they leave thousands of people with phones purchased from other outlets on O2 contracts without WiFi calling. Where is the customer support and understanding. 

Message 32 of 46

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Ive got the same issue on a Samsung S7 purchased from Carphone Warehouse.O2 are saying that because I purchased from a third party outlet, the firmware is not compatible with the replacement WiFi calling app for TU Go. So my S7 wont work with WIFi calling when TUGo is switched off- which happened yesterday.

So you need to get O2 to do a firmware upgrade/ give you a new phone.

Its interesting to hear you say that you bought the phone from 02- I was told that all O2 provided phones should work!

I also have no mobile reception at home or work so wifi calling is essential for me.Ive heard that they are working on fixes for third party phones like the S8 and S7 but there is no committment from them when the fixes will be available.

Not good that they leave thousands of people with phones purchased from other outlets on O2 contracts without WiFi calling. Where is the customer support and understanding. 

You need an O2 supplied phone.

Flashing O2 firmware doesn't work.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 46

oldlacy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have a Samsung 8 Plus duo bought from Samsung and after lots of calls and 2 visits to an o2 shop in manchester I now have wifi calling. required and update that was sent after TU was turned off. I have no texts at home now but at least i can make a call.
Message 34 of 46

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, open market S8's are now able to use WiFi calling.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone know what to do with an S7.

How can I get WiFi calling installed? O2 Tech support on line just say phone is not compatible. 

Help?

Message 36 of 46

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
It isn’t compatible yet so all you can do is wait.

Currently using:
Message 37 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me how. I have an S8 from Carphone! 

Message 38 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Please tell me how. I have an S8 from Carphone! 

Message 39 of 46

Anonymous
Not applicable

Although am running Oreo beta which may be the issue? 

Message 40 of 46