Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge - Loud beeping noise

karky69
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

All of a sudden over the last couple of weeks my S7 Edge has suddenly started to make a very annoying loud beeping noise. 

It doesn't happen very often probably 10 times over the last week at various times of the day. I can't find any reason for it. Did some googling and there are lots of posts about it some saying its NFC but mine is off. 

Has anyone encountered this and has anyone found an answer.solution? 

Any help from O2/Community would be appreciated but its annoying especially while at work in a quiet office. 

Cheers

Mark 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
NFC, Bluetooth or even connecting to a wireless network (BT Open networks beep when connected) but without seeing or knowing what's happening at the time it's pure guesswork.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Difficult to pinpoint without actually having the phone in your possession. Weather apps are usually one of the culprits when updating but it is definitely an app updating causing this. Have you downloaded anything that coincides with the problem first being noticed?

Message 3 of 7

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

@karky69 did you manage to track down the cause of the beeping noise on your S7? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 7

karky69
  • 7 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Martin, 

No I haven't got to the bottom of it. It still happens at random times no pattern to it. 

Any help the community can offer would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Mark 

Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
We'd love to help but without the phone it's very difficult.....
What are you doing with the phone when it bleeps?
What is happening around you?
Any notifications in the task bar?
etc.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's probably reading your contactless debit/credit card if like me you store them inside the phone case, or keep your phone close to them. Try switiching of NFC (Settings>Connections>NFC & Payment). Hope this helps - did the job for me!

Message 7 of 7