cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S6 Locked

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

My wife has purchased an EE sim only contract. She wants to use my old Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone however when starting the phone we have the following message. `SIM Network PIN blocked. Enter Sim Network PUK`. The device was originally an O2 handset so i then went in store and asked what code I needed to put in. They sent me towards EE saying that this was their issue as it requested an EE PUK code. My wife received one through the post and this did not work. 

I then called O2 and they said that the phone was locked. They sent me an unlatching request code however this also did not work. This has been going on for nearly two weeks now and I am becoming extremely frustrated as I have been passed from EE,O2 and now Samsung where they say its a network issue. The sim card does work as we have used it in another phone. Samsung were extremely unhelpful bordering on rude,dismissing this issue. I have tried talkingt o o2 and they are adamant that the code is correct and it is a samsung issue. Can anyone help me please?

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Could be useful as we’ve had a couple of S6’s reported with same problem.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Well done @Anonymous. Pleased it worked and after all that struggle, you fully deserved the beer joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks- was literally last throw of the dice when I came across;

https://www.roamgalaxy.com/pages/how-to-unlock-a-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-s6-s5-s4-s3-s2-s-note-1-2-3-...

This gave me other methods of accessing the unlock.

O2 escalation just sent me an email: 

The below codes are correct and the The manufacturer has informed us that they are unable to provide a third code.

We have already provided two codes.

Kindly visit the nearest customer service center for further assistance.

Alternatively visit SAMSUNG's service center so they will check your handset and help you with the unlocking

So it was fortunate I found a way round myself! smile

Message 13 of 20

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I can imagine the relief! Well done as this will no doubt help customers with the same problem. I'm even going to have aaffe beers myself to help you celebrate Cheers

Message 14 of 20

Z3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just recieved network unlock code from O2 for my s6. No matter what method or configuration you use to enter the unlock code it does not work. I have watched all the online vids which make it look so simple but the methods still don't work. Samsung do not lock their phones, that is done by the network carrier. So i believe that the network providers do not want you to unlock your phone. They provide you with a random 8 digit code number that does nothing and give you the runaround when you try to resolve the issue. Please tell me i'm wrong, or am i being to cynical.

Message 15 of 20

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions
Many people have unlocked many phones so it's nothing underhand, but there does seem to be a general problem with unlocking S6's so you need to get back onto CS to help you.
Don't enter the wrong code too many times though as it will never work if you do.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 20

HC-Electro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same issue with my Samaung S6, Tried all the methods listed here and on the https://www.roamgalaxy.com/pages/how-to-unlock-a-samsung-galaxy-s7-edge-s6-s5-s4-s3-s2-s-note-1-2-3-... page but no luck with the Unlatch code I have.

I suppose I'm going to have to find a technician to sort it for a fee......

Message 17 of 20

Nickylp
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am currently going through the same thing with my Samsung S6 being locked, I received the same messages that you did from O2, passing me on to Samsung after 2 unlocking failed. They are now ignoring me as i am constantly calling them.This has been going on for nearly 4 weeks!

Can you tell me how you unlocked your phone please. I am getting so frustrated with it all.

Thanks

Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 144191 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27633 Solutions

@Nickylp wrote:

Hi

I am currently going through the same thing with my Samsung S6 being locked, I received the same messages that you did from O2, passing me on to Samsung after 2 unlocking failed. They are now ignoring me as i am constantly calling them.This has been going on for nearly 4 weeks!

Can you tell me how you unlocked your phone please. I am getting so frustrated with it all.

Thanks

@EmilieT may be able to help you next week?

Currently using:
Message 19 of 20

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Nickylp, I'm sorry to hear you've had some difficulties with this - I'll send you a Private Message on the forum now so we can have someone on our end look into what's going on slight_smile

Thanks @MI5 for the mention!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 20 of 20