Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop silent mode

hellynewman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All,

I installed lollipop last night on my S5 and can someone tell me where the heckers my silent mode has gone?! If anyone can advise how to make my phone silent but still night light notifications it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Helen 🙂

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Another link if needed... (specifically geared to the S5)

http://www.solvemix.com/index.php/android-smartphones/8-solvemix/321-samsung-galaxy-s5-android-lolli...

I will leave @Anonymous  or @jonsie   to advise further....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 28

hellynewman
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks very much! Seems rediculous that they've gotten rid of the silent function, seems like such an essential function to me!

Message 12 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wondering if when in the 'no interruption mode' you can still use the camera flash to alert you as in this sub-link from Cleo's link? I don't know if the no interruption setting would overall this though, or as it is was designed to aid audibly/visually impaired users whether it would still work?

http://www.solvemix.com/index.php/android-smartphones/32-samsung-galaxy-s5-enable-flash-alert

Basically: Settings => Personalization => Accessibility => Hearing and check the correct box.

Could you try that for me and let us know?

Message 13 of 28

hellynewman
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Phill, i've tried that then sent myself an email and it hasn't worked, no visual notification at all!

Message 14 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

At the risk of asking a stupid question, the email had arrived on the handset, you don't have to manually push them to your device?

Could you try ringing yourself too?

Message 15 of 28

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Matron.jpg

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 28

hellynewman
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No i don;t manually push them through, they used to just ping through and i would get a little pink light notification, i miss my pink light 😞
Message 17 of 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not having an S5 I'm now slightly stumped. Sorry. My only other suggestion is that maybe you could try an app from the Play store that controls your led notification (e.g lightflow), and see if that overules Samsung's interpretation of Lollipop!

Message 18 of 28

hellynewman
  • 19 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Lol no owrries, thanks for everyone's help anyway! Going some research online seems there doesn't seem to be any quick fix!

Now this may be a really blonde question, but is there anyway i can go back to the old operating system now i know i prefer it?!

Message 19 of 28

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 20 of 28