cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini - Not recieving Text Messages or Calls

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I've had my Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini for around three months now and have noticed something funny going on with it.  Basically, a lot of the time, I am not recieving text messages or phone calls.  Like tonight for instance, I was waiting to recieve a text from somebody to let me know that they were ready to be picked up.  I was sat at home waiting and waiting until my house phone rang and said person was on the other end saying that they've texted me 4 times and phoned my mobile to say they were ready to be picked up.  Checked my phone and I recieved no missed calls and no text messages.  I turned my phone on and off and the messages came through. 

I've noticed this happening before and even when I make a call it won't let me 'connect' so I have to restart my phone for it to work.

I need my phone for my work so this isn't good.  Anyone know what the problem is?

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

A topic that has been discussed before due to other people on the Network being affected by this anomaly.

It is worth just checking your local masts via inputting your full postcode in the Service Checker to ensure they are showing as good in your immediate area.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

As Damien says one of the initial things you can perform is swapping the sim which some members have reported back that this has helped.

I think the issue is sometimes down to congestion on the network or the overloading of traffic on your local masts.

The known method of rectifying this as you know is turning your handset off and on to reset the network connection to your phone.

I've looked on other Network forums and it does appear to be an issue all the networks suffer from, from time to time.

Frustrating I submit !

Crazy

Perhaps let us know how you get on.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
It could be a few things but I would say the first thing to try a new sim from an O2 store or they can send you one
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous ,

A topic that has been discussed before due to other people on the Network being affected by this anomaly.

It is worth just checking your local masts via inputting your full postcode in the Service Checker to ensure they are showing as good in your immediate area.

http://status.o2.co.uk/

As Damien says one of the initial things you can perform is swapping the sim which some members have reported back that this has helped.

I think the issue is sometimes down to congestion on the network or the overloading of traffic on your local masts.

The known method of rectifying this as you know is turning your handset off and on to reset the network connection to your phone.

I've looked on other Network forums and it does appear to be an issue all the networks suffer from, from time to time.

Frustrating I submit !

Crazy

Perhaps let us know how you get on.

Message 3 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149340 Posts
  • 681 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Take the sim out and give it a wipe with a soft cloth, just to ensure there is a good clean connection to the phone.
Whilst there, check the sim reader in phone is clean and undamaged.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on slight_smile

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also having a similar issue. Have a galaxy s3... Been sending messages and they hadn't been received by some of my friends and sometimes I wasn't receiving replies. Just had a new sim, cleaned it, contacted o2 who got me to enter a number into the phone (#0200 or something) and change message centre number. Thought all was fine as I tested it with my friends. Today my friend text me three times and I still have not received the messages. Don't know if it's coincidence but they all have iPhones... Help me!!! This is driving me mad, no o2 guru on line tonight to ask

Message 6 of 13

MI5
  • 149340 Posts
  • 681 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Check your area for any faults with the network http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, should have said, checked that out also prior to posting and no issues in my area with service. Even when o2 said they resolved my issues the messages still never arrived. Thanks, don't know what else to do

Message 8 of 13

MI5
  • 149340 Posts
  • 681 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Send a text to yourself. If you receive it, it means a problem with the other people.
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for that. The text to myself worked (I've also turned my phone on and off again). I'll get my friend to check her phone. Thanks so much for all your help

Message 10 of 13