cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S3 - text delivery receipt problem

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello there, I became a new O2 customer yesterday from Vodafone after spending a very unhappy time with them. So far so good with the O2 service. My phone seems to have a little issue, nothing too important really so I don't think I need to visit an O2 shop but wondered if anyone else has this issue?

I like to have delivery receipts enabled when I send texts to my contacts. This is because I had an issue with Vodafone and have always requested delivery receipts since. I have enabled this on my S3 and it was working fine yesterday but today it's not working at all, even though my contacts are receiving my texts. I've de-selected and re-selected the option and restarted my phone but it still doesn't work.

Thanks you slight_smile

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 don't support sms delivery receipts, only mms.

Can't explain how they worked yesterday but as advised, to get a delivery receipt you have to use *0# immediately in front of your written message.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
Used to have to put *0# before your text to request a delivery report.

example: *0#How are you

Not sure if this still works buts give it a try.

Gillsfankev
Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

O2 don't support sms delivery receipts, only mms.

Can't explain how they worked yesterday but as advised, to get a delivery receipt you have to use *0# immediately in front of your written message.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
How strange! That's great though thanks both for your help. At least I know now that they're not supported so I won't be constantly wondering slight_smile
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
PS. The *0hashtag does still work!
Message 5 of 5