cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S2 thinks its charging.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My samsung galaxy s2 thinks that the charger is plugged in even when its not. The message "Charging paused. Voltage too high" comes up regularly even though it is not plugged in. When I turn it off it acts like it is charging. I have had this phone two and a half months. What is the problem?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like a fault with the phone's hardware - like a short circuit or damage to the charging components. How long have you had the phone? Samsung usually offer 2 year manufacturer warranties - so you could contact them to see if they will accept the phone for repair.

They may ask you to perform a factory reset of the phone's software - to eliminate the software as a cause. Back up your contacts and phone data before calling them - so you can reset your phone if they request you to. If you have a microSD memory card, you can copy your data and backup your contacts to it and they won't be erased when you perform the reset.

Samsung UK: 0330 7267864 (0300 SAMSUNG) Open: Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm

Call them from another mobile or landline, as they may need you to perform actions on the phone to help diagnose the fault. You can also email them by following the help section @ http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/erms1

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

It sounds like a fault with the phone's hardware - like a short circuit or damage to the charging components. How long have you had the phone? Samsung usually offer 2 year manufacturer warranties - so you could contact them to see if they will accept the phone for repair.

They may ask you to perform a factory reset of the phone's software - to eliminate the software as a cause. Back up your contacts and phone data before calling them - so you can reset your phone if they request you to. If you have a microSD memory card, you can copy your data and backup your contacts to it and they won't be erased when you perform the reset.

Samsung UK: 0330 7267864 (0300 SAMSUNG) Open: Monday - Saturday: 9am - 6pm

Call them from another mobile or landline, as they may need you to perform actions on the phone to help diagnose the fault. You can also email them by following the help section @ http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/erms1

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions
Clean the charging port carefully with an old toothbrush and a tooth pick. If you're lucky it will be dirty if you're unlucky it will be damaged and need replacing.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 3