Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S10 - Android 10 / One UI 2 Update

SamsungFanBoy
Level 13: Prompter
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
I have the O2 firmware version of the Samsung Galaxy S10 and I've noticed this morning that the update has pushed through to my phone and it is waiting for me to install it.

This phone is already **** for battery life, let's be honest lol

So I wanna know if anyone else has had this update installed on there Galaxy S10 (not the S10+) device and if so did it make your battery drain more?
There are lots of cool additions to Android 10 and One UI but I'd rather stay on Android 9 if there are battery performance issues. That's the deal breaker for me.

I did read that a lot of people who were beta testing Android 10 and One UI had issues with increased battery drain, this is why I'm asking if the official release is improved on that.

Let me know your thoughts guys!

Thanks in advance! slight_smile
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
It's worth it as I didnt like the battery much it lasts a lot longer now your best bet to charge phone to 100 then do the update also if you use Samsung cloud it been replaced by Microsoft now after the update give phone like 4 days to settle back down

View solution in original post

Message 12 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Oops... Apparently I can't say **** on here lol
Message 2 of 14

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
Ok nor that way either... It's not even a swear word lol! Ok let's rephrase the stars to *rubbish grin
Message 3 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy 

As it's literally just been released it may be too early to tell.

Battery life is always a lot worse for a few days after a major upgrade as all the files on the phone have to reindex and depending on settings, pull files from cloud servers etc.

My preferred method is always fully backup the phone then factory reset and update, followed by another factory reset before installing my backup.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 14

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@MI5 I hate factory resetting and setting up new phones as well for the simple reason that I have so many custom tones and stuff for my apps, it's a pain setting it all up again. I also use the Secure Folder partition for work and I always struggle like hell to back that up without having to start all over again. I just hate doing it so I never do unless I absolutely have to lol
Message 5 of 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@SamsungFanBoy 

I wouldn't bother updating then mate. 

9 to 10 is too big of a change to get away without having to factory reset.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 14

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
I have the note 10+ 5g and had android 10 since November and had no problems with it
Message 7 of 14

SamsungFanBoy
  • 259 Posts
  • 70 Topics
  • 5 Solutions
@liggerz87 did you factory reset first?
Message 8 of 14

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Nope I could have but couldn't be bothered lol not had any problems at all you might not like the new batter stats they I introduced
Message 9 of 14

liggerz87
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions

Screenshot_20200124-141150_Device care.jpg

Message 10 of 14