Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Samsung Galaxy S data connection reliability

Apologies for the triple post but I was wondering if anyone's found a way to stop the 3G from disconnecting.
Highlighted
Anonymous

oddly i decided to try turning on roaming . dont ask me why but this works a bit. i'm looking at updating the kernal myself though now as the 2.3.3 is just awful
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
ok i managed to get 2.3.4 on it. now actually working and has all the nice stuff the s2 units had.

now updating firmware always has drawbacks.
1. you can kill you phone and void warranty . of course your phone could get trampled on by a herd of elephants and smashed into millions parts and replaced under say a really good insurance service .
2. you going to wipe a lot of stuff applications you migth have paid for any o2 stuff so account settinsg to market will ahve to be done other ways say like googlemail . and backup anything using kies.
anyway all that aside i now have a working 2.3.4 .... yes early days as i just done it and recoverying all my junk and such and settings but its working.
not going to be held responsible for anyones phones dying or such but i found this far more useful than anything o2 said like "turn it of and on again" really for the 100time ? or "reinsert the sim" really like the sim has anything to do with the phoen settings not working after going from 2.2 to 2.3.3?
the useful site is http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/ins ... y-s-i9000/