cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, i've recently got a Galaxy S3 and I know it's possible to add different ringtones, which i've already done, but is it possible to select tones you have added for use as email and text message alerts. If so how do you go about it. Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Use the "My Files" app to copy the sound you want into the "Notifications" folder on the phones internal storage (SDCard0). Then when you go into your message or email app to select the notification sound it will appear in the list for you to choose from.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Yes, you can select the individual notifications in the app itself. For message tone open the message app and go into menu >settings, same thing for email, facebook or any other app that has notification tones.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not the existing tones supplied on the phone that I want to use. It's the new ones i've added myself. You can add to the "call" ringtones but the same feature does not seem to be available with email and text. Is it possible?

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Copy the tone you want into the notifications folder then you can select it as I described above.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm afraid you'll have to excuse my ignorance where phones are concerned. I'm not an 11 year old schoolboy.

How do I copy the tone into the notifications folder for email and text message. It is simple enough to add to the existing list of ringtones but this "add" option is not present on the email and message list.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Use the "My Files" app to copy the sound you want into the "Notifications" folder on the phones internal storage (SDCard0). Then when you go into your message or email app to select the notification sound it will appear in the list for you to choose from.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6