Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Samsung Galaxy S 19000 Mobile phone - blue box appeared

I seem to have a small rectangular blue box appeared on my Home Screen. When I move across to empty screens, it is still there. I can not "grab" it to remove it - any ideas? It seems to have arrived with a reply to an email I sent, the sender had included my original email. I have switched off the phone and restarted but still there. Any simple solution welcomed. Thank you.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Samsung Galaxy S 19000 Mobile phone - blue box appeared

Sounds like a widget that not working correctly.
Are you using the stock launcher or a replacement?
Can you post a screenshot?
SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you for replying. You got me slightly lost, i.e. "the stock launcher or a replacement". As far as I know I didn't physically do anything, unless I was having finger trouble. Not sure what stock launcher is, can you expand please? Come to think of it, I think the screen has changed colour too, I am sure it was blue, its all black (or at least its very dark) background now when I tap in my pin now. Thanks a lot.
Highlighted
Anonymous

The launcher is just the series of home pages with the app shortcuts on. By "stock" I mean the one that came with the phone (there are many replacement launchers in the Android Market, such as WidgetLocker, that give added functionality and customisability).
To post a screenshot (just so it's clear what you mean) you'd need to have the home page showing, the press back and OK together. This will put a screenshot in your DCIM folder (camera folder). Download this to your PC then upload it to a photo hosting site such as Photobucket, then link to it here Smiley Happy
See a screenshot from my own phone (using a launcher relacement which I don't bother with now) in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61618
SV
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thank you for replying again, I should have replied back sooner but its that time of the year. I attempted several times to do a screen shot but the phone just would not do it, or I did not have the correct technique more like. I saw the O2 Guru on Monday and it was more or less as you suggested. Nothing to do with email problems. The phone had tried to download either an app widget or update software and my original blue screen turned black. The little box that was left in the middle was the blue screen which had not downloaded correctly. The Guru tried a couple of things to adjust it but I had to have a factory reset. I am now getting used to the phone again, trying to reset my apps again and generally trying to get it back to where it was. The reset has also given me more options on my screens, in fact there is a screen-capture option. Again, thanks for your reply but at that point I just could not do a screen shot. Am plucking up courage to understand Kies more now, it did not really want to help me much last week. I will keep an eye on these forums for help. The O2 Guru was a great help and excellent service.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Glad you got your problem sorted Lynn.
SV