cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 screen went suddenly went blank O2 want £229 to fix!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a note 3 and I am very careful with my phones, my latest was a replacement for my previous note 3 that went wrong. I have never dropoed , y phone ever! I was using it one morning put it up on the side and came back 2 mins later to find the screen had gone blank but I could still hear sound.

As I am aware that accidental damage is not covered under warranty I would not have sent it off for repair if I knew that was even slightly a possibility but  I go on today to check my repair and low and behold the repair centre is saying device out of warranty quotation being made.

Apparently there is damage to the LCD but the bloke on the phone wasn't very descriptive of the damage and they want £229 to repair my phone.

Anyone else had this problem with the note 3?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149342 Posts
  • 682 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
You can ask for the phone to be returned to you and get a second opinion on the fault, which, tbh, sounds like the best thing to do in this situation.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149342 Posts
  • 682 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
You can ask for the phone to be returned to you and get a second opinion on the fault, which, tbh, sounds like the best thing to do in this situation.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I too would ask for it back and approach Samsung Uk Support.
Message 3 of 3