cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Messaging App

Anonymous
Not applicable
The stock messaging app on my phone running Android 4.2.1 seems to occasionally create new threads for text messages from those senders with names but no numbers (companies such as O2).
When I get texts from O2 sometimes my phone makes a new thread, despite having the older messages. It should really add to the previous conversation. It's making my inbox messy with several conversations from the same person/company, I also don't want to delete any messages for future references.
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
I did type more but when I edited to add the link it lost what I typed. Basically the app will allow you to back up to Gmail so you can delete from your phone to keep it tidy but still have access to your messages.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.zegoggles.smssync&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGw...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 3

MI5
  • 144287 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27641 Solutions
I did type more but when I edited to add the link it lost what I typed. Basically the app will allow you to back up to Gmail so you can delete from your phone to keep it tidy but still have access to your messages.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 3