cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, can someone please help me. 

Ive got the Samsung ace 2 and as soon as the warrenty ran out its started getting faults.

The 1st fault is it doesnt seem to want to acknowledge my sd memory card which has been in the phone sice day 1,, it says sd card removed and then when i either restart phone or re-insert memory card it will either acknowledge it or wil say its a blank card. 

and the 2nd fault is its started to switch itself off.

I tried to restore to factory settings but fone says i need to delete samsung account but i dont know how to do that. 

Can anyone tell me if I need a new fone or if it should be easy to fix.

Help Please

Many Thanks

Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

1 - A factory reset can be done from recovery menu (Hold Vol Up + Home + Power keys together). This will clear everything off the phone so make sure you back up first.

2 - SD card - Take it out and put it into your PC or Laptop (via card reader if necessary) and see if you can read it. If so copy everything to your PC's hard drive and then format the card, either on the phone or on the PC to FAT32 file structure.

3 - How long have you had the phone? The standard Samsung warranty is for 2 years......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

try formatting the card once, that seems to help other ace 2 users from what I've read online

as for the phone switching itself off try this, also found online:

In Settings-> Wireless and networks-> Wi-Fi settings you can press the menu button to go to advanced settings. Here you will see the Wi-Fi sleep policy which means that the Wi-Fi will turn off once phone's screen turns off. This person chose for 'Never' instead of the standard 'When screen turns off', and didn't have any problems for 3 weeks straight. After that he switched it back just to see what would happen and the phone turned off by itself the same day. Hope this helps

Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Pull the battery and clean the connections on the battery and phone using something like an erasor on the end of a pencil.

Try this hard reset.  http://www.hard-reset.org/factory-default/how-to-safety-master-reset-samsung-galaxy-ace-2-i8160-easi...

Before removing your SD card : 

In Idle mode, select Applications → Settings → Storage
→ Unmount SD card → OK.

Re insert it to see if this helps. Even though the card and been in use since getting the phone they can go faulty so perhaps try a second SD card.

An option is to try Samsung Uk Support http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/main/supportMain.do

Message 3 of 13

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

1 - A factory reset can be done from recovery menu (Hold Vol Up + Home + Power keys together). This will clear everything off the phone so make sure you back up first.

2 - SD card - Take it out and put it into your PC or Laptop (via card reader if necessary) and see if you can read it. If so copy everything to your PC's hard drive and then format the card, either on the phone or on the PC to FAT32 file structure.

3 - How long have you had the phone? The standard Samsung warranty is for 2 years......

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I got the phone in November last year from Phones4u so hopefully its got 2 year warranty, don't really want to have to buy a new phone so hoping the resets will work.

Thanks for your help slight_smile 

Message 5 of 13

MI5
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
11 months warranty left if all else fails.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let us know how you get on kelw9912
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I tried the resets but it said it couldn't do them as I needed to delete my Samsung account first. So phoned Samsung and the fone has to go back for 'repairs'.
Thank you all so much for your help.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hope you get it sorted
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I tried the resets but it said it couldn't do them as I needed to delete my Samsung account first. So phoned Samsung and the fone has to go back for 'repairs'.
Thank you all so much for your help.

you're welcome and let us know the outcome

Message 10 of 13