cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 - Empty in bulk e mail trash folder

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone help with emptying the trash folder in bulk on my Galaxy. The only option appears to be deleting one at a time which with 1200 +  e mails and rising is time consuming to say the least. Seems a no brainer to have  an 'empty folder' option but appears missing on Android for O2 users.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Other email clients such as K9 offer different solutions. The stock apps are generally just very basic apps as most people use their preferred ones. If you want to stick with stock just log on to your webmail on a PC and delete from there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Are you talking about your O2 email account? Are you using the stock email app?

Message 2 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Most Androids have a trash folder and you can move emails to that in bulk, but you'll have to mark the ones you want deleted.

Nothing to do with O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using the standard e mail app pre loaded on the Galaxy from O2. Looking at forums this bulk trash deletion seems to be an issue for accounts other than G mail which apparently deletes automatically after 30 days. I agree not a O2 problem but rather an Android app issue. Being an O2 forum I was sounding out whether I was the only one experiencing this. If I am what do I need to do to bulk delete in one click.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Other email clients such as K9 offer different solutions. The stock apps are generally just very basic apps as most people use their preferred ones. If you want to stick with stock just log on to your webmail on a PC and delete from there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Have downloaded the K9 app which does indeed give more options including deleting e mails. Will give it a go.

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
No probs. Good luck.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Loading K9 as my e mail app has solved the problem thanks

Message 8 of 8