cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) Software Update

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Samsung Galaxy A3 (2017) purchased from O2 in April this year.

It's currently running Android 6.0.1, and the security patch level is 1 April 2017. When I manually check for software updates, it tells me the latest software is already installed.

Is there any news on when I'll get Android 7.x, which was released last August? (Or 8, which was released this August? But I guess that's too much to hope for.)

How about the patches for the critical BroadPwn bug, which were released in July?

Or does the fact that it's a "budget" model mean that it never gets any updates at all?!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Do you know whether the new update includes the BroadPwn patch?

Good news - it does, as well as other fixes for exploits such as 'BlueBorne'. I actually have better news than that though, for the Samsung A3 2017 - Nougat has just been approved by our device team and returned to Samsung for release to our customers so keep your eyes peeled, you should see it in the next couple of weeks providing no issues or delays are found on Samsungs' end.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is indeed excellent news! Thanks. yahoo

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess something's gone wrong somewhere? No sign of either the security patch or the Nougat update yet.

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nougat finally arrived last night. smile

Message 14 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Enjoy slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

Good news 😀 sometimes there isn't a lot of changes with major software updates but Nougat is totally different with many improvements once you get used to the changes. 

Message 16 of 16