cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung A3 - Reunited with Lost Phone. Sent remote delete command - safe to proceed?

Billywizz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I (stupidly) lost my Samsung A3 last week on the bus, and due to a good samaritan, it was luckily handed in. On the day I lost the phone, I sent a 'Delete All Command' to the phone via Google, just in case someone had taken the phone and decided to plaster the interent with images of my face. Not a pleasant thought. Today, I have been happily reunited with my phone. The memory card has been deleted, as expected, and the phone, I beleive, will have been 'Factory Reset.' Is it safe now to take my SIM out of my old phone and put it back into the Samsung? I want to make sure, just in case there is a chance the SIM could be compromised when I turn the phone on. Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
SIM will be fine.
I'd factory reset it again, insert SIM and set it up normally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
SIM will be fine.
I'd factory reset it again, insert SIM and set it up normally.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Billywizz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi. Many thanks for the reply and advice. I'll do just that. Thanks again 😊
Message 3 of 3