cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samasung Galaxy S6 Edge - No delivery reports

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm new to O2 and have a couple of probles, both text message related. Firstly, I am not receiving delivery reports despite being set to do so. I go to Setting>Applications>Messages>More Settings>Text Messages> and then set delivery reports to 'on'. However, I never receive any notification/report for any of my sent messages, despite them being received.

Secondlt, I noticed some extra charges being added to my account, and realised that if I send a very long text it gets converted to MMS and therefore i get charged. This never used to happen on my old HTC One X with three. Is this correct?

Appreciate any help anyone can give.

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
O2 doesn't support delivery reports in the normal way.
You need to precede each text with *0#
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

I am only confident about answering the question about SMS converting to MMS. Have a look at this thread..

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Accidental-MMS-Sending-and-How-to-Avoid-it/td-p/689503

Someone else will pop along to advise on the rest of your post Welcome to the forum by the way...:smileywink:.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 6

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Yes, it's correct and is to do with handset limitations not by operator.
Trust me, htc's convert too after the file size reaches a certain point (3 full sms I think)
As for delivery reports, not sure tbh, I haven't used delivery reports since the early 2000's
Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122371 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Crikey...every day's a school day...Happy Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have them set to on but o2 have never supported delivery reports. As said *0#

As soon as I put my Thai sim in the phone here I get delivery reports for every text.

As for mms, using the smilies on the keyboard will change the text to mms unless it's a very short text. 1st smiley around 90 characters and then each other counts strangely enough as one.

Use the message settings and tick the box to warn you when it converts to mms. The phone will vibrate and you get a pop up telling you it's now mms.

Message 6 of 6