cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM Network Unlock PIN

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a Samsung Galaxy S2 which was originally on contract with 02 (now on giffgagf). I'm currently travelling in Australia and want to use a local SIM for calls/internet. I keep getting a request on phone start up for this 'sim network unlock pin' and so can't use the local SIM.

Any ideas where I get this code?
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The message your getting means the phone is not unlocked to all networks.

To get the unlock code you need to request this from the Network the phone is currently locked to. This takes normally around 7 days with 02.

As GiffGaff is a virtual network on the 02 network you would not have needed to unlock the phone from 02's network.

When you moved to giffgaff did you start on a new number or did you request a PAC Code from 02 to move your mobile number over to Giffgaff ?

As far as I know GiffGaff do not provide unlocking solutions. 

The quickest way would be to ask a stand alone shop or flea market trader to unlock the phone for a fee.

Or if you know someone on 02 ask them to enter their sim card in the phone and make a few calls to latch the sim to the phones imei and request the unlock on your behalf. Free for contract or £15 for Payg {Non iPhone payg must have been live for 12 months}

Pretty difficult when your abroad at the moment thou !

here's the unlock form if that's the avenue you want to choose on your return.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

The message your getting means the phone is not unlocked to all networks.

To get the unlock code you need to request this from the Network the phone is currently locked to. This takes normally around 7 days with 02.

As GiffGaff is a virtual network on the 02 network you would not have needed to unlock the phone from 02's network.

When you moved to giffgaff did you start on a new number or did you request a PAC Code from 02 to move your mobile number over to Giffgaff ?

As far as I know GiffGaff do not provide unlocking solutions. 

The quickest way would be to ask a stand alone shop or flea market trader to unlock the phone for a fee.

Or if you know someone on 02 ask them to enter their sim card in the phone and make a few calls to latch the sim to the phones imei and request the unlock on your behalf. Free for contract or £15 for Payg {Non iPhone payg must have been live for 12 months}

Pretty difficult when your abroad at the moment thou !

here's the unlock form if that's the avenue you want to choose on your return.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=1&q1=2&route=unlocking&case=Handset%20Unlocking%20Form

Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Another option would be to buy a cheap local P&G phone if you just want to use it for calls and texts.

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi DaveyJ,

I had the exact same problem as you whilst I was in Indonesia & Thailand for 5 months for work. One way of getting a sim network unlock pin is by using the website I've linked to below. I stumbled across it a while back and it's been lurking in my bookmarks for a while so should still work. Hope I helped.

http://freemobileunlockcodes.com/sim-network-unlock-pin-generator/

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi i have samsungyoung gts6310n and i need the 02 unlockpin

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

hi i have samsungyoung gts6310n and i need the 02 unlockpin

Follow help here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/td-p/540294

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6