cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM NETWORK UNLOCK PIN

Anonymous
Not applicable

My old phone that was originally with 02 keeps saying SIM network unlock pin when I try to put a different sim card in. I have phoned 02 and they sent me a code from 'an unlatching request' but it doesn't work. What do I do now. I want my daughter to be able to use the phone with an ID sim.

Thanks

It looks like you landed on a popular topic that many are viewing!

Why not register to our community to be able to ask related questions if you need additional help, and interact with other members?

See also here some information on how to get started with the community and what other great things you could do here as a member. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unlocking help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
Make sure it's an unlock code you have and not a PAC or PUK.
Which phone do you have?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unlocking help here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-S...
Make sure it's an unlock code you have and not a PAC or PUK.
Which phone do you have?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@AnonymousHow to unlock here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-guides/Unlocking-an-O2-phone-to-use-a-different-SIM-card/ba-p/1014131

If its unblocking PUK code you require then by this time you may have to call customer servuces after this time

https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

An unlocking code will have letters and numbers. If you've been given an 8 digit number you have been given an unblocking code, that is a PUK not an unlocking/unlatching code. 

Message 4 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
That really depends on manufacturer Jonsie i got a unlocking code for a HTC thats 8 digits
Message 5 of 9

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
That really depends on manufacturer Jonsie i got a unlocking code for a HTC thats 8 digits

Ah ok, I've only ever unlocked samsung and Nokia 

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries, just looked back on the request I’ve placed and I had 2 HTC’s come back as a 8 digit code and 1 Samsung. Could only go back 6 months as I had a little career break before so no email history 😞
Message 7 of 9

Nikki1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Can anyone help O2 have sent me a code to unlock my O2 phone to any network a d it don't work I have Samsung s5
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143414 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Nikki1 

Make sure you got an unlock code and not a PUK 

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9