Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: SE X10 Android 2.3 Update

it would be nice to have some accurate information as to when we will finally catch up with the rest of the X10 world
Highlighted
Anonymous

Amen, probably never will it will just drop out of the blue one day. I'm really getting annoyed at o2, even the tariffs suck now. I currently have UNLIMITED but the new tariffs don't and for the same price..
Highlighted
Anonymous

You should all just do what I did, 3 weeks ago my X10 USB connector packed up, it worked then didn't then worked then didn't, so last week I took it into my local o2 shop and they sent it off for repair. Yesterday I got a call to come in and collect it, I went to the shop and picked it up, I didn't have time to check it as I was short of time, when I got back to home and opened the box there was a Arc instead, wow I thought, they have made a mistake here.... but in the box was a letter explaining they were unable to fix it so have provided a replacement or equivalent spec phone since they didn't have the X10 any more in stock. So I get my new Arc with 2.3 and also my contract ends next month so I can upgrade then again Smiley Happy = happy chappie.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Sony Ericsson are apparently testing the Gingerbread 2.3.4 update on the Xperia X10 !!
While O2 is still dithering on 2.3 the 2.3.4 update will bring 3d panorama views, USB on the go etc.
I have a simfree Xperia X10 and got my 2.3 update as soon it was released on 1st aug, hopefully when the 2.3.4 is released i will get it.

I do feel for you guys still waiting for 2.3 as O2 always take their time on new phones and updates.
Hope you get it soon !! Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

Finally had enough of waiting so I went to XDA and found out how to flash the official 2.3.3 firmware to my O2 branded X10!! Its good so hopefully O2 will pull their finger out!! Anyways 2 weeks and the X10 is history, cause its upgrade time!!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Finally had enough of waiting so I went to XDA and found out how to flash the official 2.3.3 firmware to my O2 branded X10!! Its good so hopefully O2 will pull their finger out!! Anyways 2 weeks and the X10 is history, cause its upgrade time!!!

Can any numpty do it? Dont wanna mess up!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Sony Ericsson are apparently testing the Gingerbread 2.3.4 update on the Xperia X10 !!
While O2 is still dithering on 2.3 the 2.3.4 update will bring 3d panorama views, USB on the go etc.
I have a simfree Xperia X10 and got my 2.3 update as soon it was released on 1st aug, hopefully when the 2.3.4 is released i will get it.

I do feel for you guys still waiting for 2.3 as O2 always take their time on new phones and updates.
Hope you get it soon !! Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to give you bad news but they're only bringing it out for the 2011 range of handsets. The X10 is from 2010. Unless you have proof stating otherwise, this is the case.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Can any numpty do it? Dont wanna mess up!

Well I managed it!! Hehe Just make sure you read the threads completely for instructions!! Its much better than 2.1 and you can now use the Wifi Hotspot facility!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

More confusing answers!!!
You're through to Guru Steven.
Steven: Hi I'm Steven. How can I help?
kevin: Hello, I'm an X10 owner and still waiting for O2 to release the update SE released on 1st Aug. Any news when we will be finally receiving this update as the last Guru told me the 19th August and I'm still waiting. My x10 is slowly dying on me and this update would be much appreciated.
Steven: I understand your point Kevin but Sony Ericsson hasn't released the updated yet with us. Once they release the update, you'll be able to update to it.
Steven: I'm sorry we don't have a date on when this will be released.
kevin: SE released the update to unbranded phones on the 1st Aug and one of your Guru collegues said O2 branded phones will have it on the 19th. Now your saying SE haven't released an update?
Steven: Yes but they haven't released the update with us yet.
kevin: If I have this right. O2 do not have the update yet to test?
Steven: Yes, there no details available on this update yet.
Steven: there's*
kevin: why did a Guru tell me that O2 have the update and it will be released on the 19th after testing to O2 customers?
Steven: I'm sorry for the misinformation given to you.
kevin: Ok, so. to end all the confusion. O2 do not have and have not had the android 2.3 update. No testing has taken place and as yet there is no information available as to whether O2 X10 customers will receive this update?
Steven: We don't have the information available on this. It's only when it's released the update will be available.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Absolute morons.. I already got tired of checking PCC and SEUS, the incompetence levels are off the charts with o2. "were better connected...but with data restrictions and lack of software supportSmiley Happy"