Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: SE X10 Android 2.3 Update

I've had two conversations with O2 guru's both of them say that the Update will be available mid September around the 15th. One of the suggested that if I want to get the update before then I should go to the SE website and download it direct from SE.
Has anyone tried PC companion yet?
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think that O2 are dragging their heals because as soon as we get this update then we won't need to upgrade our phone to a new one for a while.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I for one am still in a 24 month contract and I got the phone as soon as it came out, can't upgrade easily until March 2012 anyway.
Highlighted
Anonymous

One of the suggested that if I want to get the update before then I should go to the SE website and download it direct from SE.
Has anyone tried PC companion yet?

I can't see a way of D/L directly from SE as we're branded and have to wait for sl-O2 to release it.
Nothing on Pc Companion or SEUS
Highlighted
Anonymous

Just emailed the CEO..I think, if its the right one. So I'll see what his response is. If I recall, the last update situation we had, he was the guy who cleared up the confusion and actually got things sorted.
Highlighted
Anonymous

From what I understand you either get a reply pretty swiftly or completely ignored. Out of the 5 times I've e-mailed him the only 2 replies have been within 12 hours. The other 3 were ignored.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I received a call on behalf of the CEO this morning. They said that O2 had approved the update and now its down to SE to release it, I said that SE had already released it even though their website says they haven't. He said he will look into it. Hopefully we get it soon rather than never.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Well the 19th has come and gone with nothing released as expected! O2 guru was wrong! Are we surprised!!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

Not surprised at all.. It seems to be that they don't have a clue, maybe its simply that it is available now for unbranded users and they don't know when it will come to branded phones if ever. In all honesty I only have just over a month until I upgrade so I'll be glad to be out of SE possibly even O2.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I agree, I have just had my third chat online with an O2 guru from India and they just don't have any idea when if ever the software update will be made available for the Xperia unfortunately I have over a year to go on this phone I was already thinking of quitting SE and O2 and this is only strengthening that. Its been nearly three weeks since the release this is very poor customer service