Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

Re: SE X10 Android 2.3 Update

iPhone & HTC seem to get preference. As SE users unfortunately it seems O2's answer is to just deal with it.

Totally inaccurate. HTC owners have waited ages for updates. Just look through the threads and you'll see we've waited for months after unbranded phones have received updates.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

iPhone & HTC seem to get preference. As SE users unfortunately it seems O2's answer is to just deal with it.

Totally inaccurate. HTC owners have waited ages for updates. Just look through the threads and you'll see we've waited for months after unbranded phones have received updates.

It was just a general rant as iPhone and & HTC have just had their updates.
Highlighted

It was just a general rant as iPhone and & HTC have just had their updates.

And I am saying that HTC owners do not get any preference and never have. Far from it. Now I see according to this thread that you have now had yours:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=69116 So have you?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

We aint got it yet!
Highlighted

We aint got it yet!

Sorry you didn't get it yet. The post I linked to was obviously just for unbranded phones.
If it's any consolation, HTC Desire owners never got 2.3 from O2. It eventually came from the HTC Developer site and was an RUU, which debranded the phone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

So, whats the latest from O2?
If it goes past the end of September i'm debranding.
If i have to go to that trouble i'll be switching networks in January.
Its not so much not having the update thats the issue, its the complete lack of info that makes me believe that O2 dont give fudge about me as customer
Highlighted
Anonymous

So, whats the latest from O2?
If it goes past the end of September i'm debranding.
If i have to go to that trouble i'll be switching networks in January.
Its not so much not having the update thats the issue, its the complete lack of info that makes me believe that O2 dont give fudge about me as customer

I tried debranding and got in all of a fuddle! I'm not a total novice at this but I lost confidence after a while and panicked!!! Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

no more comments from abs then? Shame as I thought it was progress other than copy/paste answers that we all were getting.
I know this is a customer forum but if O2 are going to comment on a thread at least follow it through.
Highlighted
Anonymous

A quite brilliant exchange!
Guess what! It didn't work!

Welcome to O2. Someone will be with you soon.
You're through to Barnaby.
Barnaby: Hi I'm Barnaby. How can I help?
kev: Hello, have you got a date when X10 users will be given the android 2.3 update released by Sony Ericsson on the 1st Aug please?
Barnaby: Let me check this for you.
kev: Thanks
Barnaby: Thanks for waiting.
Barnaby: I've checked with my supervisor's currently there is no update on it.
Barnaby: You can keep track on our website for new releases on 'Coming Soon' tab.
Barnaby: You'll get this tab under 'Shop'
kev: Thanks, So I guess we just keep waiting. Can you ask your supervisors comments on that for me please?
kev: From what I can see. O2 are delaying the release due to the 3 Sony Ericsson phones being released soon.
Barnaby: Let me check.
Barnaby: I've checked with my supervisor's you can get in touch with the Sony to get the update.
kev: I can't as my phone is branded to O2 which means I have to wait for you to release the update to me
Barnaby: Could you help me with your software version/
Barnaby: ?
kev: Android 2.1 - update1
kev: build number 2.1.A.0.435
kev: Hello?
Barnaby: Yes.
kev: you asked for my software version
Barnaby: My systems technical system down.
Barnaby: Is*
Barnaby: Let me check ,please give me a minute.
kev: ok
Barnaby: Could you help me with your email address, I'll send you the link to upgrade the version?
kev: can you put it here please and I'll click it
Barnaby: Okay.
Barnaby: Click here.
kev: Thanks, and this will work even though my phone is branded to O2?
Barnaby: Yes it will work, it doesn't go with brand.
Barnaby: Its the operating system in your phone.
Barnaby: Is there anything else I can help you with?
kev: Ok, thanks. I'll post this on the O2 forum to let everyone who has been waiting as well so they know.
Barnaby: Thanks, so nice of you.
Barnaby: I'm impressed.
kev: it says that I should use PC Companion and then it'll update my X10 to the Android 2.3 update released.
Barnaby: Is your phone connected via USB?
kev: not yet as i've not started the process. The page you gave me a link for says to use PC Companion to update
Barnaby: Okay.
Barnaby: You'll need to download PC Companion in order to update.
kev: I have it and will use it to update my X10. Thanks for your help
Barnaby: You're welcome.
Barnaby: It was nice chatting with you.
Barnaby: Have a nice day.
kev: And you.
Barnaby: Take care.
Barnaby: Thank you Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Anonymous

So shall we just unbrand our phone? Doesnt seem likely we will be getting this update before the months end :/