Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Android

Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

SE X10 Android 2.3 Update

Hi all,
As some of you will be aware SE have announced that 2.3 will be being made available for the X10 family. Unfortunately they have said that not all carriers will be releasing this.
I have asked O2 and they say that as soon as they receive the update it will be rolled out -Good Times. Smiley Very Happy
As most of you will be aware O2 are not the quickest or infact the most truthful about updates and upgrades -Bad Times. Smiley Sad
What are your thoughts and when (If) do you think It'll be released??
Cheers.
Kev
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: SE X10 Android 2.3 Update

Lots of views, no comments???
Highlighted
Level 68: Extraordinaire

[ Edited ]
Your phone is on the list, but when the update will arrive for anyone is a lottery.
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2011/04/21 ... ngerbread/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Highlighted
Anonymous

the phone maybe their saying we'll get the update but then it's down to the branded companies to roll out the update if they want so don't get your hopes up at all...
Highlighted
Anonymous

I have indeed seen and read all about it, very pleased, as I like this phone and do not want to change it yet, one thing that I have noticed though, I got the 2.1 update before it was put on the o2 site and have also just got the pinch zoom update, again not on the o2 site yet, wondering if this is normal, as all I did was connect to the SE site on both occasions?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Apparently it's due to be rolled out from SE in August. I've tried everything to get an answer from O2 as to whether we as customers will see it but as usual there is no answer from live chat or twitter so we still in the dark.
Anyone else notice all @O2 do is retweet good feedback! Worse propaganda than Gaddafi!!!
Highlighted
Anonymous

I really really hope this upgrade comes out. Apps to SD being the main thing!!
Being that I'm on a 24 month contract that renews in June next year, this is oh so shiny if it happens.
Fingers crossed everyone! Though I wouldn't say to hold your breath Smiley Tongue
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
I asked about this on twitter a while back, after sony tweeted about it. The O2 Guru initially told me to keep an eye on Kies (the Samsung equivalent of SEUS!), but then told me to keep an eye on http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/support ... c=gb&lc=en
Which states that it's coming to "non-operator customized phones"... Not looking overly optimistic for those of us who are on an o2 bought phone...
Highlighted
Anonymous

[ Edited ]
Highlighted
Anonymous

Looking like other carriers are getting the update.
Over to you o2