cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAMSUNG GALAXY S SWITCHES OFF AT NIGHT

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi people , just wondered if anyone else suffers from this and what the solution is .As the title says phone switches its self off during the night and dont come back on , it dont seem to happen during the day . I have tried doing a factory reset but problems still there . As the phone is not even a year old and a contract phone i was wondering who is liable to repair any faults with the handset 02 or Samsung . I have ordered a new battery for it to see if this fixes the issue . 

cheers 

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145971 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
You can take phone to either O2 or Samsung if a repair is required but I would recommend Samsung over O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you tried eliminating any Apps especially new ones or ones that have recently been updated. 

When you did the factory restore did you then put the apps back on?

Message 2 of 9

MI5
  • 145971 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
You can take phone to either O2 or Samsung if a repair is required but I would recommend Samsung over O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to say MI5 (I might be eating my words tomorrow). 

My S2 wifi stopped working just darked greened out ( hope that makes sense) phoned O2 last Wednesday, Friday phone picked up. Got a text saying it was being looked at this morning and then a further text lunchtime saying phone fixed and will be delivered tomorrow. 

Personally not had any issue with the repair side of things but I will add that I had done everything I knew they would ask before I even phoned them.

Message 4 of 9

MI5
  • 145971 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
I believe they must have to fix some phones, but the number of stories we hear both here and elsewhere about phones been returned stating "water damage" and therefore not covered by warranty are huge. You got lucky (thankfully) but not everyone is. The only time I have ever used someone other than the OE for warranty issues was when I had a phone on the never never from Kays catalogue. It stopped working and I phoned their CS and they sent me a new phone, without question and a jiffy bag to send back the faulty one (which arrived after the new phone)......

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spoke to soon. Going back again tomorrow as they did sod all with the phone other than tell me they had updated the software which i will add they bloody well didn't.

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 145971 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28087 Solutions
Unlucky mate http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/location/supportServiceLocation.do?page=SERVICE.LOCATION

Currently using:
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 7 of 9

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

I would always recommend dealing directly with the manufacturer for warranty repairs.

Message 8 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am chilled but I do not like being lied too which they blantently tried. I had a nice chat with O2 and they kindly asked me to give them another chance or they will supply me with a new (reconditioned) I only have a few months to go before I upgrade anyway. 

Message 9 of 9