Did you mean: 

S8 USB problems

Gaz2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi everyone 🙂
I've an S8 running android 9, and have recently had a problem with the USB connection.

The phone will charge via USB (although I usually use wireless), and it will also connect to my PC to transfer files (opens in file explorer once I connect the USB lead).

I have a few devices that I connect to my phone, such as my gear VR headset, and a laser which is controlled via an app. Both of these are not functioning.
When I connect the phone to the gear VR, the phone isn't recognised (the app won't launch as it used to do), and the laser app won't recognise that the laser is connected to the phone. The laser connects to my PC and runs via the windows app, so I know that the laser is working correctly.

I can't find any settings for USB (have tried changing default mode under developer settings), but think as the file transfer is working, that it must be a software issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on what I can look for, any settings that I can change, or even a way to check if some part of the USB port is not functional?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Gaz2 

Probably worth checking with Samsung https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

LukasB
Former Staff
  • 1791 Posts
  • 177 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

Hey @Gaz2 just checking if this is sorted or are you still having trouble?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 3 of 3