cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 upgraded to 6.0.1 and now the Gyroscope is broken

Anonymous
Not applicable

My S5 upgraded to 6.0.1 at the weekend and shortly afterwards realised my auto-rotate wasn't working.

After a bit of playing found that ALL gyroscope features had stopped working.

I rebooted and it was fine again, but some time later the same thing happened.. And now its doing the same thing over and over.. After a reboot I get normal gyroscope functionality, but only for a while.

Interestingly, when its in the "bad" state, when I go into the self test screen (*#0*#0) and test the Gryos, the temperature shows 9172 and the test fails.

But after a reboot its completetly normal.

I am sure O2/Samsung will say that this is hardware, but I don't buy it, as google shows countless other people reporting the same.. Many of these where able to fix it by "shocking" the phone (hitting it).. But not me.

Has anyone else seen this? Any idea of what to do? Is there any way to "roll back" to my old release?

Jon

Message 1 of 51
50 REPLIES 50

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144354 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Samsung would do but they may not be the cheapest.
You could try a local phone repair shop or market stall as you are out of warranty anyway, there's nothing to lose?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 51 of 51