cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 Wireless Unstable after reboot

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning slight_smile 

Posting on behalf of my husband who is with another network (rolls eyes).  He has an S3 (unbranded), did the upgrade, and never rebooted as I told him too and kept getting the wireless unstable message.  I sat and backed up, reset, and restored his phone the other night and he is STILL getting the message - hes in a bit of a bad temper now as you can imagine as I promised him it would work.

Connected up through Kies3 which said he has the most recent firmware too - at a loss now.  The phone works perfectly well I just hear lots of grumbling at his phone every now and then.

All ideas welcome!   

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's a common bug but does not effect phone function at all.
Some have had success by clearing the cache (2 or 3 times sometimes necessary) and also turning off "auto network switch" in advanced WiFi settings also helps some, but ultimately it's a compatibility issue with some routers so there's not much else you can do except wait for an update to fix it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's a common bug but does not effect phone function at all.
Some have had success by clearing the cache (2 or 3 times sometimes necessary) and also turning off "auto network switch" in advanced WiFi settings also helps some, but ultimately it's a compatibility issue with some routers so there's not much else you can do except wait for an update to fix it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122919 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

I can confirm this is exactly what happened to mine (and my husbands S3's) We upgraded with the help

of MI5's brilliant guides) and apart from this Wifi unstable message everything else was as it should be

We both find that actually the Wifi isn't affected at all...so we have 'written it off' as an error message

with no substance wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
This also happened briefly on the S4 as well but the most recent kitkat update got rid of it.

It is as @Cleoriff and others confirmed nothing to worry about although of course it is frustrating.
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Happens on my note 3 running kit kat as well
Message 5 of 8

paulbacon
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 436 Posts
  • 69 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Weirdly was about to start a thread about this. Mate has an S4 with 4.3. Been fine for weeks but now getting this message all the time

Got it last night and his wifi died. Whether its linked or just his connection had gone down i dunno, but rebooting the router fixed it. So is there no link at all between the message and the wifi connection?

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Normally, what happens is that on some routers the phone "thinks" there is a poor connection when there is actually nothing wrong with it.
Of course, if the router fails or WiFi drops out it should also throw the message.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you. Think hes a bit jealous as mine works fine now.......
Message 8 of 8