cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 Unlocking issue- O2 not able to resolve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I recently bought Galaxy S3 from O2. They promissed to unblock within 24 hrs. They provided me the code but it did not unlock.

Its been almost two weeks nothing has happened. They are saying that this is the particular phone which has problem in unlocking. Also I asked them to sawp with other phone which is not possible either. I asked them to confirm how long it will take they dont know. Only answer I get that we are trying to contact samsung. I am not sure what should I do!

Please share your thoughts or if you had similar issue.

Thanks

Shalini

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Do a search on play using your user name slight_smile

It makes no difference to your contract if phone is locked or unlocked, just carry on using your sim as normal.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Samsungs are not difficult to unlock at all. I can only assume you gave them the wrong IMEI or Samsung have given them an incorrect code. There are aps on Play that will unlock the phone for you if you don't get it resolved from O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for your response.

I have checked my IMEI and its correct. I do not know if Samsung has given wrong code. But if that the case then it should not have taken too much time as o2 says that they are in touch with Samsung from Monday itself.

I had response today and still o2 is not sure how long it will take. Also I do not know any apps which can unlock the phone. Will it impact my contract with O2 at all?

Thanks

Message 3 of 6

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Do a search on play using your user name slight_smile

It makes no difference to your contract if phone is locked or unlocked, just carry on using your sim as normal.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I checked with O2, they are saying that it will impact your phone waranty. Still it has not been unlocked, I bought the phone on 5th Jan. Thanks
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I checked with O2, they are saying that it will impact your phone waranty.
If you are talking about unlocking through the code that O2 provide, that is utter rubbish. Using 3rd party apps of Play would do though if it could be proven wink

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6