Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra June Update (Lack of)

pp764
Level 1: Joiner
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just enquiring about the June update. It was released by Samsung as usual at the very start of the month to unlocked handsets and unusually for o2. It hasnt been pushed out yet. Think the software team must be on holiday. It is a very large update but nevertheless its a bit unusual for o2 to be this late

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

So the last build date for EUX which is the version of the S22 Ultra you have, was on the 3rd June as it superseded the previous build due to probable bugs and issues with the  version with a build date of 30th May. 

Going on when I checked our Knox Portal at work, the lead time is 6-8 weeks for deployment to be completed.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@pp764 

Nothing on here https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/galaxy-s22-ultra/firmware/  

And looks like it has only been rolling out for less than a week, so give Samsung a chance before they introduce new bugs to your device tongue 

Message 2 of 9

pp764
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

AVEH and AVF1 updates are on sammobile and the first June one was released to unlocked handsets at the start of the month. This is an o2 thing. 

Message 3 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@pp764 

If you have an unbranded handset, it's nothing to do with O2.

Samsung will roll out the updates by serial number, so you'll get it when they get to the batch that covers your phone.

If you have an O2 firmware (rare these days), the update will be sent to O2 for testing before they send it back to Samsung to push out to your phone, so may take longer, especially if they find any issues.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 9

pp764
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Bought from o2. Although its unlocked it does seem to have a network provider software installed

Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

What's your CSC @pp764 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

pp764
  • 9 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

S908BOXM2AVDB

Message 7 of 9

madasaf1sh
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

So the last build date for EUX which is the version of the S22 Ultra you have, was on the 3rd June as it superseded the previous build due to probable bugs and issues with the  version with a build date of 30th May. 

Going on when I checked our Knox Portal at work, the lead time is 6-8 weeks for deployment to be completed.

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143427 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

It may come quicker through smart switch @pp764 

https://www.samsung.com/us/apps/smart-switch/

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9