cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replaced SIM now MMS having issues

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently have a Samsung Galaxy SII. I originally had a SIM Card which was approx 6 years old, it's only issue being that the signal was only ever 2 bars, and most of the time no signal at all for a few months.

I put it down to the SIM Card maybe starting to deteoriate, so i went to an O2 store and got a brand new replacement SIM Card. It was activated and was told it could take anything upto 24hr for it to become active proper. No big deal.

I found however it seemed to be fine, only one issue - The picture messaging started playing up. If i sent one, it would just stick on "sending" and never actually send. Tried it with different contacts and the same thing happened.

I did a quick Google search and found i may need to download the settings again for the phone, so i did. The situation did not improve. I cancelled off all the pending picture messages that were stuck on "sending", and reset my phone and did a SIM wipe.

Tried sending the pictures again off a fresh boot - Sent straight away. For some unknown reason if the phone doesn't get reset prior to sending an MMS it will just stick on sending. I later found out that one message i didn't cancel was recieved - About 12 hours later at 1am, cue an unhappy friend!

I don't understand why it won't work, but off a fresh reboot it will. The new SIM Card has also not improved things in relation to reception. I make sure i do have some bars while sending the MMS, but that doesn't affect it.

*Samsung Galaxy S2

*O2 Contract

*Brand new Contract SIM Card

*MMS settings sent to the phone after SIM replaced

*MMS gets stuck on "sending" unless the phone is rebooted before hand

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update, managed to finally find out the cause of this. I have an app called JuiceDefender to assist with battery life. Never had an issue with it and i've had it installed several months.

I came to pinpoint this when i seen certain things would be enabled, then after a short duration become disabled. In this instance, JuiceDefender was automatically disabling "Use Packet Data" and i have verified this.

It's unexplained why all of a sudden it's causing an issue though, JuiceDefender has been perfect - Up until i had the SIM card changed over, then for some reason the app is acting up - But only in this situation. Now that i know the cause i can obviously disable it temporarily while i send any future MMS, or just find out why it's doing it.

Probably cost me a few pound to find out this error though :<

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try ACTIVE to 2020, reboot, then take new picture (not one that you already have on phone) and send as mms.

Will some times work, if not ring cs on 202 and ask them to ensure your account is provisioned for mms.

Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah the 2020 Active does not work, tried it last week and it didn't really affect it. For arguements sake i did it again though, and same issue arises.

Took a new picture as well to be sure and sent that, but it didn't go through. 

It's only successful if the phone is rebooted, so instead of sending the picture straight away i left it about a minute or two just incase... and it is still stuck on "sending". 

The account is (should) be setup for MMS, mainly because of two factors. Once the phone is rebooted, the pictures will send. Secondly, the old SIM Card had no issue apart from a potential reception problem - MMS worked perfectly on the old SIM.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

May be worth getting a new sim card unless anybody else has any ideas?

Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like i have now found the culprit. In the settings of my Galaxy S2 the Packet Data is showing as disabled.

If i was thinking right, packet data needed to be enabled to send any MMS. So i re-enabled it. Then when i reset the phone, it went back to being disabled.

Enabled it again, and sent another MMS - This time it went through, and it seems that it pushed through any other MMS' which were still stuck on "sending". So while i think i've found the issue now, i don't know why it keeps getting disabled.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just a quick update, managed to finally find out the cause of this. I have an app called JuiceDefender to assist with battery life. Never had an issue with it and i've had it installed several months.

I came to pinpoint this when i seen certain things would be enabled, then after a short duration become disabled. In this instance, JuiceDefender was automatically disabling "Use Packet Data" and i have verified this.

It's unexplained why all of a sudden it's causing an issue though, JuiceDefender has been perfect - Up until i had the SIM card changed over, then for some reason the app is acting up - But only in this situation. Now that i know the cause i can obviously disable it temporarily while i send any future MMS, or just find out why it's doing it.

Probably cost me a few pound to find out this error though :<

Message 6 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

A lot of these apps do more harm than good, such as battery dra

In and disabling phone functions etc. I much prefer the phone's stock apps.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I'll never understand why people think they need to use power saving apps and task killers. As you have found out, and as I have said many times, they cause more harm than good. If you are wise you will remove JD before it starts locking your phone up (sleep of death) and you'll be missing calls and texts until you realise and have to pull the battery to reset the phone......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 8