cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving multiple copies of the same text message (Z1 Compact, Android Lollipop)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

I'm at my wit's end.

I keep receiving multiple copies of the same text message, over and over and over - it's mind bendingly infurating!

I've done a little research and as a result have activated a new SIM card, but the problem is still there, along with lots of other ones since I ran the latest system update. I really do not want to have to go through the hassle of a full reset, these phones are meant to be "smart" right?

This is making me seriosuly consider going back to an old school Nokia brick...

Is there any fix for this bar smashing the phone to pieces!?

Thank you for your help,

Ewan

Message 1 of 20
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Factory repair in pc companion might do the trick too. Something might have been jaffa'd in the update. 

Back up first.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149320 Posts
  • 644 Topics
  • 28493 Solutions
You have to ask if the phone is faulty as the only reason why you would get messages over and over again is if the sending network didn't get a notification of delivery.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 125924 Posts
  • 841 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

How recently did you update to Lollipop? Checking on the Android forums it does seem it was a very common problem just after update....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 125924 Posts
  • 841 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

Having said that...they guy who posted before me is the Android expert....so I will 'back away from the mic'

Over to you @MI5 tongue

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 20

MI5
  • 149320 Posts
  • 644 Topics
  • 28493 Solutions
Not had it on any of the phones I've updated to Lollipop..
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 20

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi there,

I'm at my wit's end.

I keep receiving multiple copies of the same text message, over and over and over - it's mind bendingly infurating!

I've done a little research and as a result have activated a new SIM card, but the problem is still there, along with lots of other ones since I ran the latest system update. I really do not want to have to go through the hassle of a full reset, these phones are meant to be "smart" right?

This is making me seriosuly consider going back to an old school Nokia brick...

Is there any fix for this bar smashing the phone to pieces!?

Thank you for your help,

Ewan

Hi, just to point out, smashing the phone to pieces won't fix it either.

Try clearing the cache and data in the messaging app in settings, applications.

Back up first tho to make sure texts are saved

Message 6 of 20

viridis
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Factory repair in pc companion might do the trick too. Something might have been jaffa'd in the update. 

Back up first.

Message 7 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 125924 Posts
  • 841 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Not had it on any of the phones I've updated to Lollipop..

No...I just did a google search about multiple texts after Lollipop and there were many complaints with different android phones. I didn't find one that provided a fix though.....

This was one of the links I found...Fear Smiley Embarassed

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/308314-repeating-duplicate-incoming-text-messages-2....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 20

blissgirl
Level 35: Originator
  • 8601 Posts
  • 67 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
@Cleoriff I pinched your link and to add neaver had that problem when I updated to Lolipop hope the op can get it sorted
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink & Apple watch series 9 pink (Celluar all with Vodafone slight_smile
Message 9 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 125924 Posts
  • 841 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:
@Cleoriff I pinched your link and to add neaver had that problem when I updated to Lolipop hope the op can get it sorted

I am sure there are many who didn't have a problem @blissgirl. (Though we did have a recent thread about multiple texts) I just Googled the problem and that's one of the threads that came up wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 20